Author Topic: Change Club Sport for TCR?  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Change Club Sport for TCR?
« Reply #20 on: 31 March 2019, 16:17 »
I'm not sure i'd spend it either TBH. But for those that would, they may be able to recoup some of the cost by selling their existing lights on, or take them off and sell separately when selling the car. Still expensive, but it'd soften the blow.
7.5 GTD

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #21 on: 31 March 2019, 17:59 »
Must admit I’m kind of tempted, just not sure how hard or where my wife would punch me for spending £800 on lights.
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 31 March 2019, 18:28 »
Yep it would certainly be cheaper to change the rear lights to the 7.5 ones !!

I've not investigated it yet to be honest but judging by other comments in this thread, you have some answers already.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 03 April 2019, 19:38 »
The TCR is a great run out model but unless you’re absolutety loaded and/or smitten with it there’s no way it’s worth anything like as significant a sum as that to change up from a Clubsport.

To my eyes the darker tails of the CS look nicer than the lighter red tails of the TCR. The swooshing indicators can be added to the mk7 lights in a half arsed fashion quite cheaply via a plug in.

If the beautifully clear and unique analogue dials of the CS aren’t doing it for you and you crave the flat and characterless TFT dials they can be retrofitted as can the 7.5 media screens.

Add the drilled discs, 7.5 tails, 7.5 gauge conversion and touchscreen audio together, all of which can be reversed at sale time and you’ll still be quids/euros in and still have a car with some real heritage.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 05 April 2019, 18:44 »
Save your money! Go on a holiday. Buy a RIB. Get a pilots licence. Go on a Vegas bender.

There is absolutely no way you should downgrade and pay for the pleasure.
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 05 April 2019, 18:47 »
I added Apple Car Play into my CSS and am going to change the tail lights shortly to the 7.5. Sometimes a little refresh or addition of items you didn't get or wasn't available to order at the time can make a difference.

Can you share some details or links to how you did this please?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 06 April 2019, 06:55 »
I added Apple Car Play into my CSS and am going to change the tail lights shortly to the 7.5. Sometimes a little refresh or addition of items you didn't get or wasn't available to order at the time can make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

If you’re referring to Apple CarPlay I’ve done that too. My dealer did mine using an activation code which you’ll need to pay for. There are a number of retrofit places which may do it for less, but I’m not sure if there are any of those near Cornwall.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 06 April 2019, 09:58 »

Thanks in advance.

You will need to go through the main dealer to buy the license key which is £215 if I recall. If you have a CSS, they'll also need to replace the USB socket which they included as part of the job. There was a compatibility issue with the stock item.

I've not replaced the tail lights on the CSS, it's a job for summer but I might take it into HazzyDayz as they'll be far quicker on the coding and know where all the trim leverage points are. I swapped bi-xenons into a MKVI I owned a few years back and experience counts as does preparation. There is a lot more information out there these days but the colour coding on the wiring looms was not fun.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2019, 10:00 »

Thanks in advance.

You will need to go through the main dealer to buy the license key which is £215 if I recall. If you have a CSS, they'll also need to replace the USB socket which they included as part of the job. There was a compatibility issue with the stock item.

I've not replaced the tail lights on the CSS, it's a job for summer but I might take it into HazzyDayz as they'll be far quicker on the coding and know where all the trim leverage points are. I swapped bi-xenons into a MKVI I owned a few years back and experience counts as does preparation. There is a lot more information out there these days but the colour coding on the wiring looms was not fun.

Thanks for that. I'll go to a dealer for the Car Play. Think I will pass on the lights.

Notice you have a GT4. Snap ... there can't be many people with a GT4 and a CSS!

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2019, 15:03 »
Link to hazzydayz for the dynamic indicator tail lights here:

https://www.hazzydayz.com/mk7-mk75-golf-rear-dynamic-led-lights-supply-and-fit-8399-p.asp

Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.