Author Topic: Golf R mirror covers  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Golf R mirror covers
« Reply #10 on: 18 January 2015, 10:18 »
A cheaper option may be to get them wrapped in vinyl? Easy to switch back too.
Plus easier to re-cover if you get a scrape or chip (and protects original finish) and you can cover that nasty bit of bling on the front bumper whilst you've got the vinyl in your hand.

Intersting to see VW have finally started to sell the R Line Golf in the UK too which looks almost identical to an R
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Buggaluggs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2015, 20:59 »
Just wondering what thoughts if any you guys have on fitting the brushed aluminium mirror covers from the R to a black GTI ?
I think they look good, but then I would say that as I bought them for my red Gti, I tried the vinyl wrap route first but due to mirror housing shape it never looked perfect. I'm happy with my purchase on desire!
'Never rub another mans rhubarb!'

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 January 2015, 21:10 »
I picked up a set of unused metallic black genuine VW covers from Ebay Germany at a very low price.

Will be going on my red GTD soon after delivery

"Spiegelkappen vw golf 7 or Spiegelkappen vw golf vii" are the best search terms to use in my experience

« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 21:13 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2015, 09:18 »
Is it only me that sees the irony of fitting black mirror backs to a car with OEM colour matched ones? Years ago we used to pay extra for a feature such as "colour matched wing mirrors" and now you are putting black ones on LOL
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2015, 10:38 »
Very true but just fancy a change and black ties in with other trim on the GTD :)
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 19 January 2015, 11:10 »
Have you thought about getting black bumpers too? For that genuine 1990 L model look ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 19 January 2015, 11:18 »
Is it only me that sees the irony of fitting black mirror backs to a car with OEM colour matched ones? Years ago we used to pay extra for a feature such as "colour matched wing mirrors" and now you are putting black ones on LOL

Funny how things change, however, they week that nasty plastic that faded back in the day.

Silver will be back in vogue soon

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #17 on: 20 January 2015, 13:15 »
Plus easier to re-cover if you get a scrape or chip (and protects original finish) and you can cover that nasty bit of bling on the front bumper whilst you've got the vinyl in your hand.

Intersting to see VW have finally started to sell the R Line Golf in the UK too which looks almost identical to an R

Is it an R or R Line bugs me with the Mk7. You could immediately recognise the Mk6 R as the daddy of the golf's on the road with its more aggressive and distinctive styling.

( and yes BMW are the pretty much the same with the m sports and the M135i before anyone points this out  :laugh: )
« Last Edit: 20 January 2015, 13:18 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2015, 14:21 »

Is it an R or R Line bugs me with the Mk7. You could immediately recognise the Mk6 R as the daddy of the golf's on the road with its more aggressive and distinctive styling.

( and yes BMW are the pretty much the same with the m sports and the M135i before anyone points this out  :laugh: )
And Audis - Is it an S Line or is it an S?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner