Author Topic: AdamB - mk1 Sportsline cab  (Read 9995 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
AdamB - mk1 Sportsline cab
« on: 13 August 2004, 22:54 »
Background:

1992 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet, Sportline edition.

This car was purchased in September 2002, from a family member, who had owned it for the previous 6 years and was rather reluctant to sell it on. The car was fairly standard, other than a set of 17" wheels, and some rather dubious yellow detailing.
Initially the car was bought as a run-around, and there were no real plans for it, but somethings aren't best left alone.....
« Last Edit: 15 August 2004, 19:31 by AdamB »
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re: AdamB - mk1 Sportsline cab
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2004, 19:51 »
This car has been used daily since I bought it 2 years ago, most things have been replaced with the mechanics of the car, so I think it should have a few more years left in it. However, now I think she deserves a little more looking after so I am letting it rest up in my garage, except for sunny days. The entire ICE install has been done by me, along with any other electrical upgrade (re-wire electric roof, rewire interior lighting, install electric windows, new fogs etc). Some of the mechanincal upgrades have been worked on by me too. This has really given me quite a satisfying feeling knowing that all the attention it receives is not just down to a blank cheque, but to the effort I have put into it.

Car
1992 VW Golf GTI Sportline edition

Name
J-Low? ;)

Engine/chassis/brake
Standard 1.8 8v with K&N filter and Mongoose/Powerflow amalgamation, with centre silencer removed for extra ground clearance. FK coilovers, Steffan 14x8 with conti sport 195/40/14 front, Steffan 14x9 with conti sport 215/45/14 rear. 256mm Black Diamond brakes and predator pads, with uprated callipers.

Interior
Recaro seats, , electric windows, white dials, white VDO Gauge, Bodi-windschott wind deflector, electric hood. Polished Barchetta steering wheel and polished Racing Bos, aluminium heater controls, handbrake, pedals, mirror adjusters, and golf ball gear knob

ICE
Kenwood Mask head unit with 10 disc auto-changer and remote, 2 x pioneer 15cm, 2 x pioneer tweeters, 2 x Kenwood 6x4, 2 x Kenwood 17cm, 2 x Kenwood 8? Subs, 3 amps (240W, 270W, 540W) Gold Leads and oxygen free speaker cable throughout.

Exterior
Crystal clear headlights with angel eyes and crystal spots. Eyebrow, Front fogs, Clear side repeaters, M3 Style crystal rear cluster, with aluminium look bulbs. Debadged tailgate 25th anniversary and cabrio badge, and Lupo GTI badge on order. Detachable VR6 chin spoiler, aero filler cap. Mk1 wind deflectors. One-off Extra Large GolfGTI.co.uk etched glass rear sticker (most important)

2004 VW Action Top 10 water-cooled trophy winner.

I have made a few plans for the future of this car, but am getting to the point now, where I am wondering if it will become too much. :-\

Low Cab
Side shot
« Last Edit: 15 August 2004, 20:02 by AdamB »
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture