Author Topic: sealing  (Read 1903 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
sealing
« on: 01 September 2008, 17:08 »
hi all, just after some advice as i have never used this type of product before, (jet seal 109)
now do i just wash, polish, seal and then wax? or can i polish, wax and then seal?  :undecided:

also how long do i leave it if i seal before wax  :undecided:

gone are the days of wash and a bit of super resin  :tongue:  :grin:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: sealing
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2008, 18:56 »
hi all, just after some advice as i have never used this type of product before, (jet seal 109)
now do i just wash, polish, seal and then wax? or can i polish, wax and then seal?  :undecided:

also how long do i leave it if i seal before wax  :undecided:

gone are the days of wash and a bit of super resin  :tongue:  :grin:

yep... them days is long gone!

reet... jetseal 109 is a great product

i'd clay the car if you haven't already... doesn't take long and is well worth it... but i think you do this anyway? then as you said first of... wash, polish, then 2 coats of sealant which you need to allow to bond with the paintwork for a bit before removal, follow this up with a decent high quality wax which can be applied immediately, preferably a couple of coats... although if you own a corsa VXR nuremburg then 53 coats is a bit excessive  :laugh:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2008, 22:41 »
what guy has said is pretty much bang on, clay your car or get it proffesionaly mopped, polish it, seal it, i personally leave it 15/30 mins between coats of sealant and the same with wax, jet 109 is the mutts nuts, invest in some collinite 845 insulator wax or 476 hard wax for a mega shine and amazing durability, dodo juice wax's are good but not as durable as the collinite wax's.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2008, 23:07 by dubplate Dan »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline golfwannabe

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2008, 19:57 »
Get yourself some pete's 53 from Chemical Guys - lovely wax!!

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2008, 21:25 »
AG SRP is the dogs danglies though :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2008, 21:31 »

AG SRP won't offer any protection though... the 109 and a decent hard wax will protect really well for winter!

as Rob said.. them days is long gawn!  :smiley:

kells

« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2008, 22:09 »

Yeah it was....in the 90's, times have changed and things have moved on...theirs even a better polish that auto glym do than SRP, so even they know its not what it was, id still suggest you use a sealent or wax over your SRP (which lasts at max a month on its own before it needs re applying)