Author Topic: catch the pigeon  (Read 5576 times)

NewGolf

Re: catch the pigeon
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2008, 07:25 »
Can see pic now..  If it were 'my' car rather than a lease, defo re-spray, not mess about attempting to patch it up.  A lease with 7 months..  If the spray work is less than £100 I'd do it, otherwise leave it and hand it back.  If the lease company tried to reduce the value, argue the to55 that it's only bird poo, the paint is clearly less than adequate.

Also point out to your friend where they can buy QD and a microfibre for repeats of the same!

Well said that man!  :wink:

Offline Olly_P

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2008, 07:35 »
I'd invest in a decent air rifle too!

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2008, 08:36 »
Also point out to your friend where they can buy QD and a microfibre for repeats of the same!

However - I've lost 2 bottles of Megs QD in the boot due to them being so brittle  :grin:  Time to put the contents in a proper bottle..

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2008, 10:43 »

However - I've lost 2 bottles of Megs QD in the boot due to them being so brittle  :grin:  Time to put the contents in a proper bottle..

get yourself a tuff crate thing from B&Q/Halfrauds... bit of velcro on the bottom stops it sliding around in the boot and keeps all your QD and bits all neat and tidy... and if they leak they won't go over your boot carpet  :wink:

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2008, 12:42 »
LOL - I've been meaning to do a boot install in my Megane since I owned it (2 years in Nov), to hold things like this.  Now the car is for sale  :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2008, 12:46 »
works a treat and keeps everything where you want it...  :nerd:

NewGolf

« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2008, 13:17 »

Or put it in the glove compartment?

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2008, 14:43 »
works a treat and keeps everything where you want it...  :nerd:
The Megane never had a carpet in the boot though, I carried a full size spare and a lot of Sat Nav gear so the original floor was gone.  Only a temporary measure..  So in that case, the velcro would have been useless..  Will defo investigate for the golf though.

Or put it in the glove compartment?
You know I never actually thought of that  :laugh: :grin:  Oh well..

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2008, 14:53 »
i'd say 'no' to keeping fluids in the glove compartment

• in the 'summer' the bottles might get hot and go pop under pressure
  • the seal on the bottles might not be any good, especially on megs bottles, and it would all just leak out

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #19 on: 28 August 2008, 16:49 »
I knew there was a subconcious reason I didn't do it  :grin:

Looks like I've taken us a little off topic..  Where's that damn pigeon  :lipsrsealed: