Author Topic: Not new, but it's been a while  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
Not new, but it's been a while
« on: 03 July 2020, 12:09 »
Hello all,

I used to post on here years ago but haven't had a VW since around 2011. I'm looking at buying a Mk6 GTI so have dug out my password in order to do a bit of research!

I wonder how many users there are from when I first posted on this forum circa 2005?

Offline DeanSherman7

• Not said much yet
Re: Not new, but it's been a while
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2020, 14:59 »
Welcome back.. definitely a great choice getting a mk6 GTi  i recently got one last month too and love it.  What VW did you have before? I also used to have a mk5 GT Tdi a few years ago and then came back to VW.
🚘🇩🇪 MK6 Golf GTi 🇩🇪🚘

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2020, 16:30 »
Cheers!
I had a fair few Mk2s, including a 16v that got written off (I still think about it). Then I got a 51 plate Bora when I was in uni, that was the last VW I had.

Nice! I'm gonna be doing some research on Mk6 GTIs so I know what I'm looking at when I go to see some.

Offline DeanSherman7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2020, 17:01 »
Nice love the Mk2 would love one but they have gone up in value alot .. regarding the mk6 gti have a look into the common timing chain tensioner issues they had and the revised part.. make sure its been done on any that you look at.. the water pump seem a common thing on them too but other than that I think they are pretty decent motors
🚘🇩🇪 MK6 Golf GTi 🇩🇪🚘

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2020, 11:48 »
Neaty!

How's it going? You still on the other side of the world?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2020, 08:16 »
Nice love the Mk2 would love one but they have gone up in value alot .. regarding the mk6 gti have a look into the common timing chain tensioner issues they had and the revised part.. make sure its been done on any that you look at.. the water pump seem a common thing on them too but other than that I think they are pretty decent motors

That's exactly it. You can't get a Mk2 GTI now for anything less than five grand as far as I can see!

Cheers for those tips, appreciate it!

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2020, 08:17 »
Neaty!

How's it going? You still on the other side of the world?

Hello, jv!

I'm not too bad, how are you?

Yeah, I am in Seoul now. What have I missed over the years?  :grin: