Author Topic: Hello just joined, Kent  (Read 1319 times)

Offline England20

• Just got here
Hello just joined, Kent
« on: 10 June 2020, 22:12 »
Hello everyone,

I have been a long term golf fan having had a MK5 GT Tdi that I took to 160k, and the past two years owning a MK7 GTD which has been a fantastic car. My commuting mileage necessitated the GTD at the time even though I really wanted a GTI. Anyway fast forward two years and a change in job combined with pandemic arrangements means the mileage is no longer an issue.

Which brings me here, With the GTD now sold I’m now looking for a 3 door MK7 GTI PP....Anyone looking to sell?

I look forward to contributing where I can on the forum and getting some pointers when I do finally own a GTI.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: Hello just joined, Kent
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2020, 10:50 »
Welcome Kent, hope you are successful on your quest.. you may struggle a little in the short term as others are finding supply is outstripping demand :shocked:
Even though my mileage has dropped quite a lot I think I will be sticking with my GTD for a while!
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline England20

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2020, 11:02 »
Welcome Kent, hope you are successful on your quest.. you may struggle a little in the short term as others are finding supply is outstripping demand :shocked:
Even though my mileage has dropped quite a lot I think I will be sticking with my GTD for a while!

Hello and thanks for the welcome, you’re right there isn’t a great deal for sale at the moment, however I’m in no rush which is a nice position.

GTD is a fantastic car I really enjoyed it, however going from 18k per year to less than 10k means there’s some fun to be had! I’ve wanted a GTI for a long time but my commuting mileage prevented it on costs

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2020, 11:13 »
I hear you and the GTI is a fantastic car, i'm sure the right one will come along... fortunately I have motorbike if i want to have a little fun :whistle: :whistle:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline England20

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2020, 19:33 »
Doesn’t seem very lively this forum from first impressions, or is it just me?? Or is it that Covid has quietened it down??

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2020, 19:51 »
Doesn’t seem very lively this forum from first impressions, or is it just me?? Or is it that Covid has quietened it down??

You'll get more response and a livelier discussion from the MK7 forum - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0

Most other sections will be less frequented.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.