Author Topic: Just joined  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Just joined
« on: 10 May 2020, 15:43 »
Hi everybody

Just joined. I bought my GTI, 18 months ago from a dealer at a substantial saving on new. It was driven by a manager in a VW dealership. My car is a 7.5 in Indium Grey with keyless entry. It has a panoramic roof which I really wanted, it makes the interior bright. It had 2k miles, it now has 6.4k! and will be 2yrs old in June. I bought it with 19” Santiagos but it does not have DCC so they were too harsh for me. I bought a genuine set of VW 18” Miltons from a VW dealer with 10 miles on them. They had been replaced with 19” Santiagos! I have found the 18s are more comfortable on our awful roads. My car is pre OPF and it is a six speed DSG. It is stock as I am wary of mods, which I would declare, and the impact they might have on my insurance. I declared the change from 19s to 18s, they thanked me for the notification and said if I had gone from 18s to 19s I would have been required to tell them. I would like to fit a wireless charger for my iPhone but I want to retain the USB connector. I would also like to fit a heads up display if it could be done well. Any suggestions?  Over the course of my 4K miles I am getting 28.1 mpg, not great! I don’t dawdle but I am not hooning all the time either. As an all rounder the GTI is a practical car.

Cee
« Last Edit: 10 May 2020, 16:16 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
Re: Just joined
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2020, 19:27 »
4000 miles in 18 months  why’s the point in having. A car if you don’t mind me saying  I have done that on. Rod bike

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2020, 19:31 »
4000miles in eighteen months whats the point in having a car you could have got a taxi nd paid less  I have done more miles on a push bike during that time  :cry:

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2020, 23:03 »
You pays your money you takes your choice.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 27 June 2020, 12:25 by Ceefeesh »

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2020, 07:22 »
« Last Edit: 10 June 2020, 11:02 by Ceefeesh »

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2020, 20:29 »
Of course you can spend your money on anything you want. Only meant is it not too nice a car to only drive a little