Author Topic: Golf me 8 TCR  (Read 19349 times)

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf me 8 TCR
« Reply #90 on: 27 October 2020, 23:14 »
In regards to the wheel choice for the Clubsport.

I’m thinking that the new/different wheels are being kept for the ED45.

Seems only logical reason and as a few people have said on here it will mostly be a cosmetic enhancement and a few ED45 badges which would fit in with cost observation strategy (sorry trying to be nice).

2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 28 October 2020, 08:24 »
In regards to the wheel choice for the Clubsport.

I’m thinking that the new/different wheels are being kept for the ED45.

Seems only logical reason and as a few people have said on here it will mostly be a cosmetic enhancement and a few ED45 badges which would fit in with cost observation strategy (sorry trying to be nice).

But that is strange, det TCR you could get different 19" as the Pretoria with Cup2.. Just one type of 19" is strange... ;)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 28 October 2020, 09:03 »
Someone figure out why you don´t can the Pretoria an Semi-slicks on the ClubSport?!  :sad:

Strange with the same 19" as the standard GTI.. :whistle:

Pretoria alloys were a mk7 / mk7.5 wheel and VW don’t normally carry over wheels from a previous model to the next generation car (An exception was the mk5 GTI Monza alloys which were the wheels fitted to the mk6).

I suppose there’s a chance that VW will introduce additional wheel designs for the mk8 Clubsport as part of a model year update. Alternatively, whatever the 19” option is on the mk8 R could be offered as an option on the Clubsport (the mk7 Clubsport got the optional 19” Prets off the mk7 R). However, if this does happen, IMO it won’t be until after the mk8 R has been officially unveiled.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 28 October 2020, 10:40 »
Someone figure out why you don´t can the Pretoria an Semi-slicks on the ClubSport?!  :sad:

Pretoria alloys were a mk7 / mk7.5 wheel and VW don’t normally carry over wheels from a previous model to the next generation car (An exception was the mk5 GTI Monza alloys which were the wheels fitted to the mk6).

...and the Charleston's. :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 28 October 2020, 10:46 »
The CS would definitely look better on the Pretoria’s. I think they’re right up there with Vw’s best alloy designs. But I would say that...
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 28 October 2020, 20:38 »

I suppose there’s a chance that VW will introduce additional wheel designs for the mk8 Clubsport as part of a model year update. Alternatively, whatever the 19” option is on the mk8 R could be offered as an option on the Clubsport (the mk7 Clubsport got the optional 19” Prets off the mk7 R). However, if this does happen, IMO it won’t be until after the mk8 R has been officially unveiled.

Maybe you are right, but the Pretoria was used when the CS was tested. And Light wheels and sticky tires is just the mpst cheap way to do fast laptimes...and it is strange that VW don´t offer that on a "hardcore" car.. :sad:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #96 on: 28 October 2020, 22:48 »
If you want fast lap times you indeed want light wheels. Seventeens normally...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 29 October 2020, 09:55 »

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 29 October 2020, 10:01 »
My favourite photo from that review...