Author Topic: Mk2 power prob  (Read 900 times)

Offline J.stafford16v

• Here all the time
Mk2 power prob
« on: 06 January 2007, 00:08 »
Right then my mk2 gti has a problem the central locking seems to be doing it nut, opening and closing whenever it feels need, alarm fitted 3 months ago. And the remote from my stereo to my amp keep cutting out, so no fooking music, does anyone know a wire that links the two or is it just a feak occurence!!!!!

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
Re: Mk2 power prob
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2007, 21:06 »
OH DEAR! electric problems like this are never good! post any other info pls ( e.g does the headunit itself go off? is the amp going into protect mode or coming on and off? does it do it while driving and when stopped? when key is on first click? any headlight / indicator issues? or EW probs or weird dash behavior) as you probably suspect, there is no wire that connects the 2 at least there shouldnt be unless there is a serious electrical problem ( such as the loom is welding itself together!). First thing i would do is disconnect the amp totally, from the battery, earth and remote wire, and disconnect the connector block from the stereo or even better take the fuse out the fuse box.  just to try to isolate the problem, its not worth burning the car down which by the sound of your problem could be highly possible. Be real careful thats all i can say at this time and if you smell any electrical burning smell, run!

Offline Simpson

• I live here
  • one day il learn
Re: Mk2 power prob
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2007, 21:58 »
i doubt that there would be a link between your stereo and the central locking, although, depends did they wire the stereo up at the same time as alarm? i would guess it is remote central locking right?
 try just using the key in the lock if so, you could also possible check the pump is ok and there wiring to the drivers solenoid has a good contact, i am not entirely sure these are just what i would check, hope this helps Chris
i must buy a new car!