Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61265 times)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: From Jap to Vag *07/08/13 Weve got a runner
« Reply #190 on: 08 August 2013, 18:25 »
love it mate. did you find out what was wrong with the engine?
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #191 on: 10 August 2013, 14:19 »
is there a way of centering your rear wheels perhaps? otherwise im in envy of this motor

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #192 on: 07 September 2013, 17:20 »
love it mate. did you find out what was wrong with the engine?

Cheers man :smiley: nope im still trying to find the time to strip it down and investigate. I suspect either cracked piston/ring for it to be down nearly 100 psi on a single cylinder :undecided:

is there a way of centering your rear wheels perhaps? otherwise im in envy of this motor

Funny you should mention that my missus mentioned it the other day that the wheels didn't look central, first time ive really noticed it but its grating on me now  :grin: so ive done a bit of research and you can get these which il be getting shortly  :smiley:

http://www.psituning.com/product.php/21116/ecs_wheel_centering_plates_mk4_tt_mk1

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #193 on: 07 September 2013, 17:44 »
Update 07/09/13

Well after a long time talking about it, ive finally bit the pullet and done it  :cool: il let the pictures do the talking. the cab is such a comforting place to be now especially at night quite amazing just what an interior colour change does  :cool:

and just a few interior shots  :smiley:

I also brought a sheet of aluminium ages ago to make a heatshield and never got round to it. So one evening I got my creative head on and copied the ebay styled ones. Don't think it turned out to bad  :cool:

These 2 badboys turned up earlier this week

and a comparison next to my 'what I thought was large' Jetex filter  :huh:

Last thing that was needed, which I sourced from b&q  :grin:

Been on a good run and it really has made a difference in letting it breathe. if you touch the bonnet where the air filter area is its noticeably colder than anywhere else on the bonnet, along with my W.M.I id be intrigued to know what my I.T's are  :shocked: :grin:

so there you have it a good cold air intake set up for less that £35 :cool:.

Im now awaiting my R-tech oversize 70mm tip to arrive to replace my forge tip (which will be forsale  :wink: ) then book it in with them for stage 2+ mapping  :cool:

Ive also got it booked in for a paint correction and paint protection, diamondbrite stage 1 & 2 with a professional valeter next week so will post pictures of the results  :smiley:

thoughts opinions and suggestions welcome as always !?  :smiley:

thanks for reading

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
Re: From Jap to Vag *07/09/13 'scene points yo' & handy work
« Reply #194 on: 07 September 2013, 22:52 »
looks epic man, thanks for your help today!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #195 on: 08 September 2013, 00:04 »
Just caught up on this, it's come a long way! Looking really good :cool:

What did you do the headlining with? I'm guessing you sprayed it? I'm looking at doing mine and can't decide between re-trimming and spraying :undecided:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #196 on: 09 September 2013, 18:13 »
looks epic man, thanks for your help today!

cheers man  :wink: haha no worries the sooner the mk2 vr's on the road the better  :evil:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #197 on: 09 September 2013, 18:39 »

What did you do the headlining with? I'm guessing you sprayed it? I'm looking at doing mine and can't decide between re-trimming and spraying :undecided:

cheers dom, likewise in yours, very jealous of your air  :lipsrsealed:

I was also humming and aringggg about what way to tackle it as there was no way I was going to pay the scene tax for a genuine one.

After a bit of research I found another solution to painting and re-trimming....

dyeing :cool: 5litres of valeters black carpet dye and a 4.5L garden sprayer cost me sub £50 and ive still got around 2.5L of dye left after the 4coats I applied to all of the interior  :cool:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #198 on: 09 September 2013, 18:49 »
Well the detailers were round in full force today  :cool: very pleased with the outcome. the break down was

Apply traffic film remover to lower body work including wheels.
 Then rinsed off.
 Pre treated with snow foam allowing 15 minutes to dwell.
 Then rinsed off.
 Hand wash body work with carnauba wax and shampoo using the safe 3 bucket method,(wash, rinse, wheels)
 Petrol cap cleaned.
 Then rinsed off.
 Dried using leather and a non scratch microfiber towel.
 Tyre shine.
 Tar spots removed.
 Paintwork corrected using a safe dual action machine polisher to remove all imperfections.
 Paintwork sealed and protected for 12 months using Diamondbrite stage 1 & 2 .
 Exterior windows polished.

Got a few pictures  :cool:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #199 on: 10 September 2013, 21:18 »

cheers dom, likewise in yours, very jealous of your air  :lipsrsealed:

I was also humming and aringggg about what way to tackle it as there was no way I was going to pay the scene tax for a genuine one.

After a bit of research I found another solution to painting and re-trimming....

dyeing :cool: 5litres of valeters black carpet dye and a 4.5L garden sprayer cost me sub £50 and ive still got around 2.5L of dye left after the 4coats I applied to all of the interior  :cool:

Cheers for that :afro:

What's the fabric like to touch now? Same as before or has it gone crusty? I might well give it a go that way.