Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61445 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Proper job mate. Loving the work! :cool:

Also, what alloys are they? I had a quick skim to catch up but must have missed that part!  :tongue:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Proper job mate. Loving the work! :cool:

Also, what alloys are they? I had a quick skim to catch up but must have missed that part!  :tongue:

Cheers dude  :cool:

I'm pretty sure there dare rs.... Bloody hell my memory is terrible  :grin:

The rear is 9.5j & front is 8.5j  :smiley:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
08/05/13

Well it has been a long while  :lipsrsealed:, To be honest I sort of fell out of love with the car and it has actually sat and hasnt moved off my drive for the last 2-3 weeks.

But with the weather getting warmer and the vast amount of money ive recently spent on it I decided to pull my act together and get its issues sorted once and for all. After doing a few parts estimates for parts it just wasnt worth reconditioning so.....

This will be arriving in the next few days

AUQ 180 - 47,000 :shocked: yes fourty seven thousand mile engine with FSH & warranty.

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: From Jap to Vag *08/05/13 New motor..
« Reply #183 on: 18 May 2013, 21:00 »
The black mk4 is really smart mate! Will you be at the next daily dub meet? :)

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #184 on: 18 May 2013, 21:28 »

he's a regular dude :P

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #185 on: 18 May 2013, 23:11 »
Car is looking awesome dude

Love this photo!

07/05/13

I would say the exhaust is the only thing letting it down, either a bit of a bigger single pipe or a twin pipe is needed  :wink:

And thats a very low mileage engine for 10 years old  :laugh:
looks very nice  :wink:

keep up the good work!

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #186 on: 22 May 2013, 09:56 »

Cool 8)

Look forward to see what you do with the new mk4, will you be swwapping a lot of parts over? :)

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #187 on: 22 May 2013, 10:39 »

Cool 8)

Look forward to see what you do with the new mk4, will you be swwapping a lot of parts over? :)

the car is staying, it's literally just the new engine he's swapping into it :P

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #188 on: 22 May 2013, 18:35 »
Didn't get any emails to alert me of posts... So sorry for the delay  :smiley:

Cheers bud, certainly has come along way from when I brought it a year ago :cool:

I've been with daily dubs since the first ever meet :smiley: will definitely be at the next meet so you'll have to come over and say hello  :smiley:

Car is looking awesome dude

Love this photo!

07/05/13

I would say the exhaust is the only thing letting it down, either a bit of a bigger single pipe or a twin pipe is needed  :wink:

And thats a very low mileage engine for 10 years old  :laugh:
looks very nice  :wink:

keep up the good work!

I completely agree dude, I'm desperately trying to find a 3" tip to weld to the existing 3" turbo back. But struggling so might have to take it to an exhaust place  :smiley:

Can't wait to get in the new engine  :cool:

Cool 8)

the car is staying, it's literally just the new engine he's swapping into it :P

As Andy said I've just got a replacement engine coming as mine is burning copious amounts of oil  :angry:

Cheers for the comments guys  :smiley:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #189 on: 07 August 2013, 19:22 »
Well Ive been meaning to update this but with going away with work and holidays etc I haven't had time.

So.....

The new engine went in with very little trouble. Was a bit more time consuming than I thought but the outcome was well worth it. Before the new engine went in I thought I would take some precaution and replace all serviceable items, I got a nice invoice from my local vw parts department for £800+ :lipsrsealed: :laugh: this did how ever include;

*Dual mass flywheel
*Clutch kit
*Cambelt + tensioner
*Water pump
*thermostat
*Temperature sender
*Service kit (oil, oil filter, plugs & pick up pipe)

The motor is so smooth compared to my old one, can really tell its done half the mileage  :grin: and I dare say it feels a lot lot quicker  :cool: and don't get me started on fuel, il just leave you with this picture  :wink:

Few pictures of the engine in and out process

pile of bits

New motor

I Also picked up a bargain, pollybushed dogbone mount for just £20 inc postage so I through that on for good luck and boy does it lay the power down smoother, my old one must of been knackered as there is no throw in the engine atall.

Im actually disgusted with myself for even having to admit this but my car hadn't been washed for over 2months  :lipsrsealed: So I thought id give it the full works and get some snaps afterwards  :smiley:

all comments, suggestions, feedback welcome!?!? I need to keep myself busy in these warm summers evenings