Author Topic: Fixed cost maintenance quote  (Read 2855 times)

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
Fixed cost maintenance quote
« on: 20 March 2018, 11:33 »
Finalising paperwork with dealer for collection in a couple of weeks time, been quoted £12.86 per month for 3 years service and maintenance - seems like a good price  - worth going for?
Arrived 4/4/18 - GTI PP 5dr, dsg, Isaac Blue, DCC, rear view camera, keyless entry.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: Fixed cost maintenance quote
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2018, 12:07 »
Is it that (ie - includes tyres) or is it actually just servicing - which will not include tyres?

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2018, 13:14 »
It is servicing and maintenance but not tyres. The alternative is £149 for a 2 year service plan but no maintenance.
Arrived 4/4/18 - GTI PP 5dr, dsg, Isaac Blue, DCC, rear view camera, keyless entry.

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2018, 17:07 »
It all depends on how many miles per year you will be signing up for on the plan which is costing you £463 over three years ( no tyre cover )

Taking into account you will get VW Assistance cover included for year 2 and 3 as part of the deal but its all down to how many items would actually need maintenance replacement as opposed to servicing in the first three years .

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2018, 06:51 »
£149 for 2 year service plan, are you sure? Mine was £149 for the first two services and if you get the long life services its going to get you over the three years...just a thought.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2018, 09:22 »
£149 for 2 year service plan, are you sure? Mine was £149 for the first two services and if you get the long life services its going to get you over the three years...just a thought.

Interesting  - this was the email I had from the dealer - I'll take it up with them:

You have two options for service

£149 will give you 2 year service plan, however no maintenance cover.
Fix cost service plan £12.86 x 36 month ( £154.32per year ) however this includes any hidden cost. For example aircon service dust / pollen filters, brake flued change and MOT in year three. 3 Year AA road side including home start

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2018, 09:23 »
Think about what this might include...

Unless you are doing mega miles (20k+) then I'd suggest that after basic servicing (aka oil change) warranty claims and ignoring consumables like tyres and brake pads, what else are you going to be using except for damage to parts (eg pothole damage to wheels/suspension etc) which won't be covered by your monthly rate anyway.

I went for the fixed price service plan for my 3 year PCP deal car for this reason.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2018, 10:31 »
Thanks Fred - I'll not be doing more than 10k a year so I'll take the 2 year deal at £149 and make sure its 2 services not 2 years!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 March 2018, 16:44 »
Sorry but you keep mentioning 'maintenance' - surely thats the same as servicing - what else does the car need apart from tyres outside of servicing?

:huh:

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 22 March 2018, 17:56 »
Sorry but you keep mentioning 'maintenance' - surely thats the same as servicing - what else does the car need apart from tyres outside of servicing?

:huh:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/fixed-cost-maintenance

Yes it sounds confusing but see link above - hopefully it will make sense - it differs from purely a service plan for 2 services!