Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374477 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead
« Reply #30 on: 26 April 2010, 00:34 »
seriously nice car cant wait to see it when its done, the three spokes suit the car i think
Cheers!...some of the pictures make her look better than she is, solid as a rock mind and totally rot free apart form rear valance but looking a little sorry paint and panel wise..  :sad:

damn i cant believe i have another vote for keeping the 3s!!!  :shocked:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #31 on: 26 April 2010, 07:56 »
I would keep the 3 spokes, they are part of its history.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #32 on: 26 April 2010, 10:18 »
I would keep the 3 spokes, they are part of its history.
Really, another vote for the 3s!!... I hear what you're saying but doesnt that apply to a lot of the cars here.  people still take standard wheels off and fit something else, these wheels weent even standard. Historically it was on P slots, the body is very 80's and the wheels are 90s??  I also dont like em although the more people say they suit the car the more i see them not looking so bad but i still think it needs something a bit more classic on it hence my need for RAs with black centers. :smiley:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #33 on: 26 April 2010, 10:28 »
i remember this getting crashed just after i joined here! good to see its getting sorted, its a nice mk1

3 spokes are part of wheel history that should be forgotten  :grin: along with venoms and blades etc

a set of zender 5 spokes would be in keeping with the bodykit?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #34 on: 26 April 2010, 10:49 »
i remember this getting crashed just after i joined here! good to see its getting sorted, its a nice mk1

3 spokes are part of wheel history that should be forgotten  :grin: along with venoms and blades etc

a set of zender 5 spokes would be in keeping with the bodykit?
Thanks mate, its good to find the few that remember the car from before... I'm with you on this one. there is no decent history of dubs and 3 spokes. yes they have been on the car for a long time but it doesnt mean they should stay on.  the car is very retro looking with the chunky BBS kit, 80's exhaust system and that spoiler really is RETRO!! never seen another like it on a MK1, i thought it was BBS but its Hella I think.. if i had the money i would like to source some nice 80s after market wheels but for now i think black centered RA's is the best i can do.. might get a good side shot of the car and see if someone can photoshop a set on maybe?

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #35 on: 26 April 2010, 10:53 »
oh i thought the kit was zender, has to be bbs wheels all the way then!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #36 on: 26 April 2010, 10:58 »
oh i thought the kit was zender, has to be bbs wheels all the way then!
My thoughts exactly!!  :cool:

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #37 on: 26 April 2010, 11:15 »
I'm with some on the 3 spokes but...hmmmn could i live with them daily?  Probs not, but the RA's would look nice and more OEM, which is the way I'm starting to prefer my dubs.  Car looks tidy as well considering the bash, and that wiring would of scared me off from resurrecting it! 

Good work fella :afro:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #38 on: 26 April 2010, 11:25 »
I'm with some on the 3 spokes but...hmmmn could i live with them daily?  Probs not, but the RA's would look nice and more OEM, which is the way I'm starting to prefer my dubs.  Car looks tidy as well considering the bash, and that wiring would of scared me off from resurrecting it! 

Good work fella :afro:
Cheers mate..... i was put off for lots of reasons but i'm glad i'm doing it now! especially looking at how quiet the MK1 section is these days!  :cry: yeah there were times when i thought they're not so bad but was never happy with em, it was my daily drive for a short while then and more often than not i wanted to get em off as soon as the tyres were fooked.  I think black centered RAs would suit it so much more and would look more OEM like you said.  also i think you're drawn too much to the wheels rather than car whith the 3s.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2010, 11:37 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #39 on: 26 April 2010, 19:44 »
can anybody help me by photoshopping some wheels on my car if i provide the pics?  :smiley: doesnt have to be a great job or anything.