Author Topic: Golf Mk2 16v GTI Monza Blue Type 19  (Read 1449 times)

Offline supadoopa_82

• Just got here
Golf Mk2 16v GTI Monza Blue Type 19
« on: 26 April 2019, 17:11 »
After a long wait (got married, bought a house and had kids!!!) I have finally jumped back on the mk2 golf bandwagon and very recently bought a Mk2 Golf 16v GTI Monza Blue.  It came with a boot full of goodies which I haven't had time to go through as yet. It looks like a half finished project so needs some love from the spray booth and parts desk!! I have already spent half the morning adding bits to my VW Heritage wish list...

Not looking to veer too far from the OEM look, so some subtle tweaks. Just looking to make the car reliable and get it back on the road for me to enjoy!

Plans for car, which are currently fluid:

Monza Blue respray
Wideish wheels, possibly 16x8
Small bumper
Flowed head
Bike carbs (maybe)
I did think performance cams too but from my reading the 16v GTI cams are pretty cammy and im keen to preserve its drive-ability
Crystal clear lights all around with HID conversion.
G60 door handles (I think they're called), unless I find something nicer!
I am not crazy technical so I will be attempting/learning some bits myself but otherwise will be down to the experts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vhnp4edb29kf5n/Photo 26-02-2019%2C 8 50 53 am.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emh2s7c6nzxrnzh/Photo 26-02-2019%2C 8 50 41 am.jpg?dl=0

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Golf Mk2 16v GTI Monza Blue Type 19
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2019, 10:40 »
Nice project to keep you busy :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline supadoopa_82

• Just got here
Re: Golf Mk2 16v GTI Monza Blue Type 19
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2019, 14:13 »
**Update**

Since my initial post I have

- replaced the fuel pump

- fitted Miltek four branch manifold and scorpion exhaust with all new gaskets and clamps, although the exhaust is slightly blowy and needs some rewelding (MIG) (booked in for the 9th May)

- new manual window regulators on both sides

Bought:

- Hella rear spoiler with high level brake light

- various trims that are missing

- G60 steels that will be blasted and sold

- 16" steels which will replace the TSW's on it at the mo...after being banded to 8 and 8.5j

- roof gutter mouldings for a reasonable price!

- electric side mirror kit

Soon to be bought:

- front and rear small bumpers with red stripe

Had some starting issues recently and after much probing with the multimeter and my handy haynes manual, it looks like the ignition amplifier is the culprit. So I have one on order from ebay and purchased a new hall sender, just in case!