Author Topic: ** URGENT ** Stripped alarm now nothing with key  (Read 1347 times)

Offline marky-gee

• Here all the time
** URGENT ** Stripped alarm now nothing with key
« on: 14 November 2010, 12:09 »
I have just been out striping the CONLOG alarm off my mk3 golf, a pretty straight forward task, removing any wires and stuff associated with the alarm.

could anyone have a look at these photo's below and tell me if they see anything untoward

i suspect the conlog being a VW dealer fit they have swapped over some wires along the way. Im also unsure wether the 2x green fuses with 4x red wires going into it are OEM or are re-routed by installers

Also in the top right of the fusebox (as you look at the pic) i seem to be missing some power wires

Any help is very much appreciated

« Last Edit: 14 November 2010, 15:42 by marky-gee »
1997 GOLF GTI 2.0 (8v)

Offline marky-gee

• Here all the time
Re: ** URGENT ** Stripped alarm now nothing with key
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2010, 21:34 »
still desperate here people, does anyone at least have a picture of the back of there fusebox. 2.0(8v) gti 1997 mk3
1997 GOLF GTI 2.0 (8v)

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2010, 11:57 »
cant really see anything from that picture. follow the red/black wire from the ignition switch to the fusebox. if its cut anywhere it'll need re-splicing.  if that looks good locate plug F and find chunky red/black wire. follow that to where it disappears thru the bulkhead. if this was factory fit alarm chances are you'll find a 2 pin plug half way along it. you need to find a non-alarmed mk3 and pinch the black jumper block which fits to this plug, then your starter will work :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline marky-gee

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2010, 18:28 »
Job done,fixed by auto electrician.
1997 GOLF GTI 2.0 (8v)