Author Topic: 3rd Careful Owner now required ..........  (Read 1657 times)

Offline TimV

• Not said much yet
3rd Careful Owner now required ..........
« on: 11 August 2003, 22:13 »
For my Mk1 1983 (registered December 1982) GTi.  I am the second owner of this incredible car and am sad to put it up for sale, but it's time to move on and an Audi TT beckons.  

I bought my GTi back in May 2000 when it had covered 84k - it now sits on 98k.  It was in amazing condition for its age when I bought it, but 3 months after I took posession I treated it to an extensive professional renovation, costing in excess of ?5000.  Since then it has looked and driven factory fresh and consequently been featured in countless magazines and on the Beebs Top Gear.  I have photos of Vicky Butler Henderson adorning my bonnet (just leaning against that is - I would have yelled if she'd gone any further!!)  Autocar, Classic Cars, Practical Classics, Classics and The Golf have all been over to photo my motor.  I have numerous copies of each mag.

For the full rundown of what the car has been treated to and why it now shines so superbly please email me on tim@votier.freeserve.co.uk

Photos can be seen by visiting my Yahoo photo album and going into the Mk1 GTi album.  Those photos were taken last week.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/timvotier

I have never been able to enter my GTi in any shows as family and work commitments mean I have little time at weekends - I'd like it to remain as it is - standard (same radio, number plates, key fob, etc as when new) - but hopefully its next owner will enter it and I'm confident it will win prizes.

The car comes with full history - it was new from what used to be my local VW dealer in Cobham, Central Garage - and I'm asking for offers over ?5500.  You have to see the car in the flesh to believe it.  No test pilots thanks, just serious enquires only.

I live in Ashtead, Surrey.
Phone: 01372 276379 (home) 07958 409306 (mobile)