Author Topic: MKVI GTI Depreciation  (Read 11502 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: MKVI GTI Depreciation
« Reply #20 on: 12 July 2009, 17:52 »
Maybe so, but there are no restrictions on what you can buy with the scrappage money.  Nobody says the GTi isn't allowed - or a top-of-the-range Porsche, or a Chelsea Tractor.

Rolfe.

Jkctr

« Reply #21 on: 12 July 2009, 18:30 »
I thought the £2k scrappage scheme only applied if you traded in for an economically friendly car?

That would be hugely hypocritical if true. It cost so much more (in gay environmental terms) to scrap, dispose of and make a new car than it does to keep running an old one.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 12 July 2009, 18:46 »
I thought the £2k scrappage scheme only applied if you traded in for an economically friendly car?

That would be hugely hypocritical if true. It cost so much more (in gay environmental terms) to scrap, dispose of and make a new car than it does to keep running an old one.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: gay enviromental terms
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2009, 18:55 »

I think you're probably right.  I was justifying keeping the Peugeot so long in more or less these terms.  Nevertheless the government in its wisdom decided it wanted cars over 10 years old off the road and replaced by new models (any new model, didn't have to be supporting British industry, and didn't have to be a "green" car).  And it was prepared to give me £2,000 (OK, £1,000 and mandate the dealer to give another £1,000) to do that.  So, do I look that stupid?

Rolfe.