Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 242921 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #390 on: 14 March 2019, 10:35 »
They will retool during their August shutdown like they always do...

What is amazing is how little the window of opportunity is for getting one of these...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #391 on: 14 March 2019, 11:18 »
My local dealer isn't getting a TCR until June apparently.  If I was to order now it would be build week 38, so I guess delivery would be pretty late this year.  So waiting until I can see it in the flesh in June, by the time its delivered I may as well wait a few weeks longer and target the plate change next March.  :shocked:

If the mk8 is officially unveiled to the public at the Frankfurt motor show in September as has been suggested in the motoring press, VW are likely to re-tool the factory for mk8 production in Q3 this year (if not sooner). Calendar week 38 is w/c 16/09/2019, which coincides with the Frankfurt motor show, so I’d be very surprised if VW are still building the mk7 Golf in September; AFAIK they’ve never built the the new and old models side by side - once they start building the mk8 Golf, mk7 production will have ceased.

Worth checking with your dealer on when VW are likely to stop taking orders for the mk7. If, as has been suggested on this forum, the TCR may be a slow seller, there’ll no doubt be unregistered or pre-registered examples withi the dealer network after the mk8 has been launched. But if you want a TCR built to your spec, then you may need to get your order in now.

See a new thread on here about Mk8 launch may now be slipping back until 2020.
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #392 on: 16 March 2019, 21:45 »
Jeez, wasn't that long ago we were baulking at a £30k Golf, now £40k seems to be quite normal...

Wonder in 3-4 years what a MK8 GTI / R will cost with a basic set of options - £45-48k ?

I agree with the comments about pricing, a Golf is a Golf is a Golf and I just couldn’t bring myself to pay over £40,000 but cars are simply levers into a finance agreement these days and the price just seems to be incidental. There was a Polo (not a GTI) on the forecourt at my dealer the other day for £29k to put it into perspective. It had a 1.0 litre engine. I remember when I specified a MKVI GTI and I had to add near £10k in options off a base of about £23k. Bi-xenon lights, cruise control and sat nav which are all standard now (and much besides) were extra. The price hasn’t increased dramatically in real terms, the access point and way in which the cars are sold has. If it weren’t for brokerage sites, I don’t think we’d have as much transparency and we wouldn’t be debating an R, TCR or PP in the same way.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #393 on: 19 March 2019, 13:38 »

Looks like it's only a few weeks from the birthing pool.

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #394 on: 19 March 2019, 19:03 »

Wow that is quick. Much quicker than the Clubsport or S after they were announced.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #395 on: 19 March 2019, 19:32 »

Very very quick. I was quoted 4-5 months! Exciting times ahead.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #396 on: 20 March 2019, 08:07 »

It could all change of course but I was quoted first week of June for delivery and then it was build week 18. Then I got this yesterday. Not sure how reliable estimates have been in the past from this stage but hoping to have the car in May.

Offline sh3lldon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #397 on: 21 March 2019, 11:58 »
Hi guys new member here, just placed order for 5 Door TCR now the wait begins! Im used to waiting awhile as I have bought a good few imports from Japan, collected a car last month and had waited around 7 months from purchase, saying that it never gets easier!

Was stuck between a new TCR or a used clubsport 40 went for the TCR deal was excellent and have never ordered a new car to my spec!

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #398 on: 21 March 2019, 13:01 »
I was holding out for a test drive, but with the wait times I'm on the fence about just putting an order in.

Has anyone seen more than 15% off yet?

On a side note, would anyone expect a run out model for the R in the same way this is for the GTi?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #399 on: 22 March 2019, 08:54 »
Hi guys new member here, just placed order for 5 Door TCR now the wait begins! Im used to waiting awhile as I have bought a good few imports from Japan, collected a car last month and had waited around 7 months from purchase, saying that it never gets easier!

Was stuck between a new TCR or a used clubsport 40 went for the TCR deal was excellent and have never ordered a new car to my spec!

Welcome sh3lldon! I was starting to think I was the only one who had placed an order. When are you expecting the car or have you not got a build date yet?

Know the feeling on waits, longest I had was just under 2 years. Out of interest - your imports, Japanese? I've been looking at an Integrale out of Japan for a while so might pick your brain at some point.