Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 244840 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #370 on: 11 March 2019, 13:18 »
I think Carwow is showing 14.9% discount on the TCR currently, at least dealers that show up for me.

With the mark 8 on the horizon, how long do you see the TCR being available to order?  Ideally I would like it for September, but VW lead times look longer than most others.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #371 on: 11 March 2019, 17:25 »
I think Carwow is showing 14.9% discount on the TCR currently, at least dealers that show up for me.

With the mark 8 on the horizon, how long do you see the TCR being available to order?  Ideally I would like it for September, but VW lead times look longer than most others.

My best guess is 6-8 months but conceivable that they could produce them up to 10 months. Depends on demand, how many body shells they're left with and so on.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #372 on: 12 March 2019, 14:31 »
So VW have finally updated the configurator so you can spec all the TCR options with prices. Out fo curiosity I specced a TCR and R like for like (or as close as) with my GTI. I think VW are taking the piss only allowing 19's to be specced in a 'pack' as all the little things add up to the total cost.

Given discount levels are the same across all three models. I'm really struggling to see where the TCR sits 'proposition' wise, given it's just a trim level rather than anything special/specific like the CSS/CS was...

:huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #373 on: 12 March 2019, 14:42 »
Well for £2k you get the upgraded interior equivalent to (Art Velour £750), lightweight wheels (£2k to buy separately), and 286bhp (£500 remap). I'm not saying I'd have one but it does seem worth the difference in price as you get the better brakes, decals, black mirrors as well. Not sure I'd want any firmer suspension that mine though.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #374 on: 12 March 2019, 14:48 »
Jeez, wasn't that long ago we were baulking at a £30k Golf, now £40k seems to be quite normal...

Wonder in 3-4 years what a MK8 GTI / R will cost with a basic set of options - £45-48k ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #375 on: 12 March 2019, 14:52 »
Well for £2k you get the upgraded interior equivalent to (Art Velour £750), lightweight wheels (£2k to buy separately), and 286bhp (£500 remap). I'm not saying I'd have one but it does seem worth the difference in price as you get the better brakes, decals, black mirrors as well. Not sure I'd want any firmer suspension that mine though.
Leather is £1750, so the TCR Art Velour doesn't come into it if you want to spec leather. Speilbergs on the R are lightweight and only cost £810, DCC is £850, so VW are steering you into an illusion of paying an extra £340 for something on the TCR that in reality can't be used in this country.

Vented discs and a bit more BHP (torque is the same as the PP) on the TCR, sure, but worthy of the £? I'm not so sure.

That's all before we start talking about the dreaded 'luxury tax' bracket the TCR gets firmly pushed into.

It's going to be really interesting to see how many of these things VW sell, and where discounts will go, given we have only seemingly had two people here order one. That does surprise me given this forum's popularity.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 14:54 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #376 on: 12 March 2019, 14:58 »
No one would spec leather in a TCR!! But you can't compare a fully spec'd car as options are individuals tastes, not everyone else. Base model vs base model and the extra kit you get more than justifies the extra £2k, simple as. As to whether they sell many, that's a different matter completely.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #377 on: 12 March 2019, 15:04 »
No one would spec leather in a TCR!!
You keep saying that, but I personally would as I don't like the TCR seat pattern and there's no bucket option available to make it special. The amount of CS40's out there with leather would also suggest it's a more popular option that what you may think.

But you can't compare a fully spec'd car as options are individuals tastes, not everyone else.
As I said, my comparison is like for like, so it's all relative. Take Dynaudio/Pan Roof/Paint/Leather etc off the GTI, TCR and R and it reduces the price by the same amount across all three. It's the wheel pack that impacts things the most, especially if you wouldn't have specced DCC in the first place.

Base model v base model is still +£2k(vGTI) -£850 (vR). Add some wheels on the TCR and all of a sudden those prices grow/shrink even more disproportionally.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 15:13 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #378 on: 12 March 2019, 15:15 »
You keep saying that, but I personally would as I don't like the TCR seat pattern and there's no bucket option available to make it special. The amount of CS40's out there with leather would also suggest it's a more popular option that what you may think.

But you can't compare a fully spec'd car as options are individuals tastes, not everyone else.
As I said, my comparison is like for like, so it's all relative. Take Dynaudio/Pan Roof/Paint/Leather etc off the GTI, TCR and R and it reduces the price by the same amount across all three. It's the wheel pack that impacts things the most, especially if you wouldn't have specced DCC in the first place.

Base model v base model is still +£2k(vGTI) -£850 (vR). Add some wheels on the TCR and all of a sudden those prices grow/shrink even more disproportionally.

I know you would! But most people wouldn't. Electric leather seats are lovely.. In a Merc C Class.

You seem to be ignoring the facts that the £2k difference is made up of better brakes, lightweight wheels, more power (which DOES make it quicker), upgraded interior, black mirror caps, a different body kit etc. I have no idea what VR is? If you tried to build a base TCR from a GTI Performance it would cost more than £2k. End of.
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #379 on: 12 March 2019, 15:23 »

I know you would! But most people wouldn't. Electric leather seats are lovely.. In a Merc C Class.

You seem to be ignoring the facts that the £2k difference is made up of better brakes, lightweight wheels, more power (which DOES make it quicker), upgraded interior, black mirror caps, a different body kit etc. I have no idea what VR is? If you tried to build a base TCR from a GTI Performance it would cost more than £2k. End of.
Versus Golf R ?
ps
Why do you girls keep squabbling over minor differences of opinion?
It's a Golf ffs !
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 15:25 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16