Author Topic: PPF paint protection film yes or no?  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Cardy

• Not said much yet
PPF paint protection film yes or no?
« on: 17 February 2019, 18:26 »
A friend of mine is trying to find a way to make PPF treatment cost effective for cars like ours so the question he has asked me to put you boys is what would you be happy to pay to have PPF on the front end only of you cars?

Or would you even bother having it fitted ?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: PPF paint protection film yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2019, 22:06 »
Why is it currently not cost effective?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2019, 15:10 »
It sounds to me like he has a pricing structure that is fine for expensive cars and owners that are happy to spend a lot of money, but it's not attracting people with 'lesser' cars. He can't have one price for one type of car and a different one for another. Charging less for 'lesser' cars will mean that he'll have to charge less for expensive cars too, as he's devalued the product/service.

With that in mind, he could end up attracting more business, but not earning any more money. I was once told by someone that does a similar job to me was that he'd doubled his prices, and as a result of that, only won half as much work as he used to get. Sounds like a plan to me.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mikea

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2019, 21:38 »
I have fitted PPF to my GTi got a quote for her Up! Gti but  :laugh: at a 10th of the price of the car it didn't happen.
Sold 2021 : 2016 5dr GTi Clubsport Edition 40 DSG - No. 403
Tornado Red, Dynamic Chassis Control, Rear View Camera and 19" Brescia Alloys

Up! Gti Red 5 door, park and cruise, city emergency pack, climate control and 5 year warranty

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2019, 15:18 »
Tend to be standard purchase for supercar owners these days as the cost vs car cost isn't too great. But almost same effort required to do a small hatchback. And for a lot of people these, they don't own or particular care about their £30-40k car hence why the hand car washes have queues are cars each weekend!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey