Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245239 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #780 on: 21 June 2019, 10:45 »
The more time I spend with the car the more I am enjoying it very practical and comfortable but also very capable looking forward to giving it a good blast over the weekend to really see what it can do, 500 miles on the clock now taking it easy (most of the time) and moving through the rev range regularly.

The cabin is a great place to be I have a 700 mile round trip next weekend which I am looking forward to.

Get some pics posted... This thread needs more pictures!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #781 on: 21 June 2019, 13:52 »
Will get the pics figured out. In meantime there is a few on https://instagram.com/mvs_valeting_detailing?igshid=sv5p6c42xci4
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #782 on: 21 June 2019, 14:51 »
Will get the pics figured out. In meantime there is a few on https://instagram.com/mvs_valeting_detailing?igshid=sv5p6c42xci4

Nice selection of Pure Grey TCR there and amazingly treated, even in photos you can see the quality of the detail - Have always liked having the signature R Lapiz and think going to similarly enjoy being able to nod to any Pure Grey Golf see coming in other direction knowing its a TCR - The set of photos in the showroom had the best light and they really show the TCR off at its best - As much as love my R October felt a long way away as looked through the photos!
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #783 on: 21 June 2019, 22:24 »
Very pleased with it, am up to about 80 miles now. Will get chance to take it out in the morning but then got a mates 40th bbq and on Sunday am at really retro show with the Mk2. Then work and and away for a few days, going to have to wait to get some miles on it.

Quality of mVS detail is great, I’ve never used a detailer before though. Can’t fault the service of Joe at TL Darby or Ian the detailer. It’s only the 2nd time I’ve bought a new car, 1st being the Up Gti last year from inchcape Cheltenham. There was nothing bad about their service as such, delay was VW but had to keep chasing for any updates, whereas Joe has always been first with the contact and is a VW fan too.

Paid a quick visit to Caffeine and Machine, wonder if I was the first TCR? No prize 🤣
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #784 on: 22 June 2019, 06:50 »
Very pleased with it, am up to about 80 miles now. Will get chance to take it out in the morning but then got a mates 40th bbq and on Sunday am at really retro show with the Mk2. Then work and and away for a few days, going to have to wait to get some miles on it.

Quality of mVS detail is great, I’ve never used a detailer before though. Can’t fault the service of Joe at TL Darby or Ian the detailer. It’s only the 2nd time I’ve bought a new car, 1st being the Up Gti last year from inchcape Cheltenham. There was nothing bad about their service as such, delay was VW but had to keep chasing for any updates, whereas Joe has always been first with the contact and is a VW fan too.

Paid a quick visit to Caffeine and Machine, wonder if I was the first TCR? No prize 🤣

Think your previous corrado would have got some attention 😊

Having said that the Sat I was there mine was on R there and despite the many numbers on the roads there was surprisingly quite a bit of interest from those who had pulled up in some classic pride and joys and mainly as they were interested in R as a daily to keep their classic safely tucked away in week

I had good morning there as brekkie stop off on way for day in Stratford some good cars turned up, pleasant folk to chat to and staff + food was decent

Look forward to some more updates on how getting on though compared to other two who have theirs yours is quite a leap from the UP no matter it’s virtues
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #785 on: 25 June 2019, 13:18 »

Both my wife and I purchased our Gti's from Joe at TL Darby also our daughters UP Gti.  We will be heading down to Caffeine and Machine soon in the up Gti. Is it as good as they say?????
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #786 on: 25 June 2019, 16:09 »

Both my wife and I purchased our Gti's from Joe at TL Darby also our daughters UP Gti.  We will be heading down to Caffeine and Machine soon in the up Gti. Is it as good as they say?????

Didn't you test drive it?  :laugh:

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #787 on: 26 June 2019, 12:07 »

Yes we had the TCR for the day to test it. very nice it was to.  Is a visit to Caffeine and Machine worth it????
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #788 on: 26 June 2019, 14:21 »

Yes we had the TCR for the day to test it. very nice it was to.  Is a visit to Caffeine and Machine worth it????

Sorry, I was making a bad joke, pretending that I thought your question "Is is as good as they say?" was referring to the Up! GTI.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #789 on: 26 June 2019, 15:19 »

Sorry, I was making a bad joke, pretending that I thought your question "Is is as good as they say?" was referring to the Up! GTI.

It was a terrible joke. We need a tumbleweed gif right now...
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey