Author Topic: Well, the GTI is going :(  (Read 4258 times)

Offline cossiegaz82

• Not said much yet
Well, the GTI is going :(
« on: 01 August 2018, 00:06 »
Well I'm pretty gutted to say the least.

I recieved a phonecall from Hertfordshire police this morning at about 11.15 informing me that my house has been broken into and to come back urgently. They smashed my living room window to gain access and ripped my alarm key pad off the wall in an attempt to silence it which failed due to the battery backup. They took nothing but turned my house upside down. The police confirmed that they were looking for the key for my Golf.

This is the 3rd time I've been burgled in the last 18 months, the first time they smashed my house to pieces and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, the second time they opened the kitchin window and can only assume they saw the alarm sensor and had second thoughts and now today. Each time the police said
it was the car they were after.

I've only had my Golf since march, I had a few facelift mk3 Focus ST's before that. I can't really be bothered  with having a nice car now as I can't handle the stress and hassle of all this caper anymore plus I'm a bit worried in case I get broken into while I'm there with my 3 year old daughter which would be terrifying for her as her home should be the one place she should be 100% safe.

So the Golf is now gone and a £600 Seat Leon crap box has taken it's place which I'm really pleased about but at least I haven't got the worry of the car.

Only reason I got a new car is so my daughter has something nice, safe and reliable to travel in but scumbags have forced me back into running bangers again! Barstewards!

Sorry folks, just having a rant! Lol!

Rant mode off!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Well, the GTI is going :(
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2018, 02:07 »
@cossiegaz82; That’s terrible :shocked:. In view of what’s happened, I think you’re more than entitled to have a rant.

Unfortunately it seems to be all too common these days, and with the pressure on police resources, the situation is unlikely to improve, so (probably) in most cases, these lowlife thieveing scumbags will continue to get away with it.

It really infuriates me that you work hard to have things like a nice car, only for the lowest form of human life with absolutely no morals whatsoever to come along and think they have an entitlement just to help themselves to your possessions :angry:.

Hopefully you and your family are OK and thankfully, no one was at home when this happened. Easy for me to say, but try to put this awful incident behind you and get on with your life.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2018, 07:33 »
I had the same thought very recently. Scum took my white GTI, entered the house while we slept,never to be seen again and last year took my front end,early evening blatent as you like. My wife is worried they are coming back. Her words.." buy a sh!tter".

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2018, 08:31 »
If I ever felt like the car was drawing any unwanted attention, it would be gone in a heartbeat.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2018, 08:53 »
So sorry to hear that cossiegaz, must be awful awful thing to experience  :sad:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2018, 09:01 »
That's terrible :(

I can understand your reasoning here, I probably would do the same in similar circumstances.

Hope this fixes your break-in problems.

Chin up mate.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2018, 09:45 »
That's truly awful cossiegaz, what a terrible time you've had and now to have to let go of your pride and joy too. Having to let those  scumbags win must really hurt but you certainly have your priorities right. At some point in the future times will have changed and you'll be able to indulge again. :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2018, 10:05 »
A little off topic, but somewhat related. I was cycling at the weekend and came across a bunch of keys on the road, miles from anywhere. There was a Porsche and BWM key, a mortice lock key, what looked like a garage door key and one of those internet back access keypad things. When I got home I rang 101 to see if they would send someone round to collect them and take some details. They said they wouldn't do that, but I could make a 50 mile round trip to the station and drop them off if I wanted. They would be kept in a drawer, then if not claimed in 28 days, binned. If I wanted to keep them and someone reported them missing, they would put them in touch with me.

Now I don't no about you, but keys like that don't end up on the road in the middle of nowhere without good reason. The likeliest being they were stolen in a break in, but the cars not taken at the time. I'm sure that Porsche and BMW are able to extract owners data from the keys, so even tho' they shouldn't tell me who they belong to, the police ought to be able to find out easily. Someone, somewhere is missing these keys but the police don't seem to be bothered about trying to put 2 and 2 together.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2018, 10:24 »
A little off topic, but somewhat related. I was cycling at the weekend and came across a bunch of keys on the road, miles from anywhere. There was a Porsche and BWM key, a mortice lock key, what looked like a garage door key and one of those internet back access keypad things. When I got home I rang 101 to see if they would send someone round to collect them and take some details. They said they wouldn't do that, but I could make a 50 mile round trip to the station and drop them off if I wanted. They would be kept in a drawer, then if not claimed in 28 days, binned. If I wanted to keep them and someone reported them missing, they would put them in touch with me.

Now I don't no about you, but keys like that don't end up on the road in the middle of nowhere without good reason. The likeliest being they were stolen in a break in, but the cars not taken at the time. I'm sure that Porsche and BMW are able to extract owners data from the keys, so even tho' they shouldn't tell me who they belong to, the police ought to be able to find out easily. Someone, somewhere is missing these keys but the police don't seem to be bothered about trying to put 2 and 2 together.

that's just bad on the polices part, WTH!  gees....

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2018, 10:25 »
cossiegaz82 - sorry to hear about that. Scumbag is too good a word for them.

dubber36 - sums up the typical response from police these days. I'd ring Porsche & BMW and tell them you have those keys. At the very least it might mean the owners don't have to fork out for replacements. And at best it could help any existing investigations.