Author Topic: GTI EPC Fault after service  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Jordz_GTI

• Not said much yet
GTI EPC Fault after service
« on: 21 June 2018, 21:58 »
Hiya guys and gals not been on here for a while but you all helped out when I had my mk6. So my dads owned hit mk7 gti since new (2014) had no problems at all until today when it’s been to VW for its second service. It’s had the usual advisory on the tyres but while it was in they’ve change the spark plugs. All perfectly fine when he picked up the car however after approximately 20miles the car lost all power and came to a stop. When he managed to turn the ignition back on the car was in limp mode with the EPC light on.

Could this be down to the spark plugs or is it a coincidence?

HELP, cheers

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: GTI EPC Fault after service
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2018, 11:58 »
Have you got an obd code reader or access to one? That way you could tell the fault code being thrown. I had a similar issue with my car a few weeks ago, and keep getting a boost sensor fault. Went through several things before finding out it was the wiring harness of the dtuk box. I think the most common issues which cause an epc light tend to be a map sensor or boost sensor, but it could also be a brake light switch being faulty. Hope this helps.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2018, 12:10 »
Probably damaged the spark plug leads while removing the plugs,this happened to mine when they changed the plugs on the 4th service and they had to replace them all because they had damaged two out of four.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2018, 14:12 »
Sorry to hijack a thread but on the subject of spark plugs can you fit uprated plugs like you used to do years ago? Have had diesels for the last 20 years and was just thinking about plugs.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.