Author Topic: MK7.5 side mirror covers  (Read 7696 times)

Offline seanng

• Not said much yet
MK7.5 side mirror covers
« on: 22 December 2017, 09:44 »
I am looking for black side mirror covers for my Mk7.5 GTI and I can only see Mk7 ones on eBay. Does anyone know if they are the same? Thanks

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: MK7.5 side mirror covers
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2017, 09:57 »
Get them wrapped? Be wary of those on ebay unless they are definitely oem, copies don't always fit well and the clips are less flexible and prone to break as I found out to my cost.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline seanng

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2017, 10:01 »
I was thinking of getting them wrapped, but for the same price I could get new covers. This way I can change them back without having the hassle of taking off the wrap on the original ones.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2017, 10:07 »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2017, 10:08 »
I don't think they have changed the mirror caps for the Mk7.5, and there are plenty of decent looking gloss black ones knocking around even on eBay or maybe you can order some from VW?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2017, 10:29 »
They're identical.

Genuine OEM ones here for not too bad a price: http://www.vwmotorparts.com/accessories-c-37_472_473/genuine-vw-golf-mk7-facelift-mirror-caps-high-gloss-black-p-1474.html

That's a good price, claimed oem painted ones on ebay are £90-£100.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2017, 10:58 »
A few months back I was hit by another car which cracked the mirror cover and it cots me £95 for a new one painted from the dealer. The guy that hit me stopped and we rang the dealer from the side of the road to get the price, he insisted he give me £110 on the spot to cover the bother of getting it done.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2017, 11:06 »
I bought the ones I linked above myself a few weeks back - with the view to possibly fitting them to my new R when it arrives in the new year. I might swap to/from the silver to gloss black when the mood takes me  :smiley:

They are OEM VW and seem like decent quality. They came in VW packaging. Definitely a little more lightweight and more ply-able plastic than the standard silver caps but I suspect better quality than eBay copies. For £100 for the pair I thought they were OK value.

Offline seanng

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2017, 11:23 »
Awesome, I have ordered a pair from that website for delivery next week. Hopefully, getting them on will be effortless!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2017, 11:31 »
Awesome, I have ordered a pair from that website for delivery next week. Hopefully, getting them on will be effortless!

It's not difficult. A few guides suggest you have to remove the glass but there's no need. Just dip the glass down as low as it goes and using a flat blade screw driver / trim removal tool, just release 2 clips at the top of the cover and it slides off.