Author Topic: Boneybradley's Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T 1M Sleeper? (Time for some tuning fun!!)  (Read 11684 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well after going boring for the last few years I got offered a well looked after Leon Cupra 1.8T 2002 model, this car comes with full history and has already had some little tuning bits done

Jobs done just before I bought it include a Cambelt kit with all tensioners, metal impeller water pump, N75 valve, new dumpvalve (oe spec), set of genuine coils and a full service using genuine parts oh and a full electric leather interior...

and a few things done since include Toyosport decat, Magnex 2.5" exhaust, Powerflex dog bone mount, s2000 filter and then a remap (taking all the tuning parts fitted into account)

and it's currently showing 246bhp at flywheel and certainly pulls like it has!! Next plans are undecided and I do like the de-badged sleeper look it currently has!
I am looking at tightening the chassis a bit although don't fancy lowering it too much, oh and the brakes are having some work (even at 312mm they do feel over whelmed at times!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Gotta play with 20vt now and then mate. Looks a good base

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Oops forgot to update this!
So Leon life has been fun and I've done 6000 miles in the last 6 months! Although the quest for a budget little rocket has failed a little!! so I have replaced the suspension shocks, springs, mounts, arms, ball joints, track rods with some fairly decent branded items (Bilstein B4 and Eibach combo)

and I gave it a run down the strip! Giving a 15.86 quarter but with lots of wheel spin from the Toyo's fitted!

Then new 17" BBS wheels shod with Uniroyal rainsport 3's came to reduce wheel spin

and these have helped me get a 15.039 quarter with much less wheel spin!

Just need to quicken the gear shift which a new shorter linkage and fresh oil hopefully will help? Oh and My TIP was getting super soft so an uprated version will be fitted before next time! Oh new brakes are here ready for fitting! (Black Diamond all round)

Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk