Author Topic: AUDI A3 3.2 V6  (Read 47126 times)

Offline xtetx

• I live here
  • started as a 1.6 now we here
AUDI A3 3.2 V6
« on: 07 August 2014, 14:34 »
Well, lads, its been a while.

Thought i would give you all an update, I've been off the forum for a while and my MK4 finally goes tomorrow.
With the money back out of my MK4 i was able to get a new car.

Sounds random, but met up with fellow forum member Delta Force for a doughnut at Trafford Krispy Kreme, and after taking his 3.2 out for a spin, i was sold on one. I had been looking around previously and we ended up browsing gumtree over a brew.

That Sunday night we drove all the way to Scotland from Manchester to pick up this. I got home at 4am, and was up for work at 6am  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Ignore the black dots, this was on the camera lens, these seats are absolutely mint condition.

Engine bay was filthy and the car has been sat for 6 months. Only issue with it was that a lambda sensor needs changing.

So got the car home and it drove so smoooth and quite until you give it some beans.
I had come to realize that the fan would not blow at all, so this was on the list to sort.
Apart from that, i couldnt really fault the car, drives amazing.

So far this is the spec of the car:

Audi 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi S3 black headliner and all black trim (ie map light, handles and sun visors)
S3 rear spolier
Recaro CS black leather seats and matching rears out of a MK5 R32
Xenon headlights
dual climate control
air con (think this needs re-gassing)
Facelift front end (2006-2008)
Later spec genuine audi 17" wheels
56,800 miles on the clock.

I have given the car a good clean in and out, cleaned the engine bay, and bought a leather arm rest for the front (missed having one as i had one in my mk4)

Delta Force sorted out my front bumper as it was not aligned correctly.

Also, he got to the bottom of my fan not working, took off the glove box + unbolted the fan, sprayed some WD40 and got my fan motor un-seized.

Ordered some AP coilovers for now, but looking to stick air ride on and some nice wheels. Might even go 19s on this.
« Last Edit: 10 August 2016, 10:21 by xtetx »

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Re: xtetx - AUDI A3 3.2 V6
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2014, 22:47 »
Very nice!! Thought you was getting a tt? Anyway looking forward to seeing what you do with this beast!.
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2014, 00:29 »
Glad you did not get a tt, woman's car

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline xtetx

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2014, 07:04 »
Haha yeah took the TT out, wasn't for me. View of the road was hard to see and the power wasn't all that great, maybe it was just the car I had taken out, maybe it had something wrong with it haha but it felt slow

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2014, 10:08 »
As I said on FB, looks like a good buy :afro:

The TT's that I have driven have been very hit and miss in terms of performance and how they feel on the road, how they've been looked after makes a massive difference.

Looking forward to seeing this progress :cool:

Offline xtetx

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2014, 10:27 »
As I said on FB, looks like a good buy :afro:

The TT's that I have driven have been very hit and miss in terms of performance and how they feel on the road, how they've been looked after makes a massive difference.

Looking forward to seeing this progress :cool:

Cheers dude!

And yeah man i think the MK5 platform is next level, it drives so much better i dont know why i didnt do it sooner, still love the MK4 though, will always have a soft spot in my heart. Still the best looking VW in my eyes

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2014, 13:55 »
View of the road was hard to see

Are you of diminuitive stature?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline xtetx

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2014, 19:19 »
Haha I am 5ft 4 yeah but the A pillar is massive and just makes it awkward to view to the side

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2014, 20:03 »
Glad you did not get a tt, woman's car
women have good taste then as a decent tt will drive great  :smiley:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2014, 20:54 »
I'm trying to convince the GF to let me get her a 225 TT and let me keep the TDI MK4 for leaving at peoples houses.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.