Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149061 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2940 on: 09 June 2018, 14:20 »
Guzzle,

Here's a snipit of the Jan 2018 Golf price list with the relevant part highlighted. I've just checked the latest price list on line at VW, and it still says the same today. Not sure when it started though ?

Thanks Guzzle - I'll go and nag them for the plug that someone has pilferred. I need to go out for a drive again anyway..... :nerd:

Now updated checklist  :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline MarkHowells

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2941 on: 16 June 2018, 20:44 »
Hello.

Just registered to this forum.

I currently own a mk7 R and when i went to my dealer to order my mk7.5R manual in April I was advised that the R manual model will be discontinued because they will not be changed over to WLTP type approval (I did put a post on here a little while back about this).

So, I ordered a GTi PP which has now arrived at the dealership and I pick it up next Friday. Signed up the paperwork today and saw the same GTi as mine in the showroom. It does look stunning.

I have decided that I will keep the GTi until the mk8 R is available to order in 2020....... I will be sorry to see the R go, but the GTi seems to be better looking than the R. I have not driven a GTi yet so I hope that I will not be disappointed. Saying that I am quite excited about getting behind the wheel.  It sounds strange but the GTi seems to have more personality/character/fun (not sure which word describes it best) than the R.

It is an Atlantic Blue Performance Pack model with DCC, keyless entry and 19" Santiago alloys.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2942 on: 17 June 2018, 08:06 »
Hello.

Just registered to this forum.

I currently own a mk7 R and when i went to my dealer to order my mk7.5R manual in April I was advised that the R manual model will be discontinued because they will not be changed over to WLTP type approval (I did put a post on here a little while back about this).

So, I ordered a GTi PP which has now arrived at the dealership and I pick it up next Friday. Signed up the paperwork today and saw the same GTi as mine in the showroom. It does look stunning.

I have decided that I will keep the GTi until the mk8 R is available to order in 2020....... I will be sorry to see the R go, but the GTi seems to be better looking than the R. I have not driven a GTi yet so I hope that I will not be disappointed. Saying that I am quite excited about getting behind the wheel.  It sounds strange but the GTi seems to have more personality/character/fun (not sure which word describes it best) than the R.

It is an Atlantic Blue Performance Pack model with DCC, keyless entry and 19" Santiago alloys.

I went from a Mk7 R to a Mk7.5 GTi PP in Jan. it depends on how you drive your R as to how much you will miss it!
The GTi will feel a little underwhelming as it scrambles for traction if you floor it pulling away from a standstill. I didn’t do it that often but loved how the R just sat down and flew away down the road with no fuss. Another thing I miss is how planted the R felt in comparison and the heavier steering feel generally. Even in Sport the GTi doesn’t quite feel the same. Things I don’t miss and you will probably be the same are the woeful turning lock and maybe (although I expected it) it’s fuel consumption  :shocked:
Overall though and I know not everyone will agree but for me personally I feel the GTi PP is the better all rounder. It looks better styling wise, rides a little less crashingly over poorer road surfaces but still retains the fun factor when you get the opportunity to use it.
Enjoy it for what it is......a bloody good car !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2943 on: 30 June 2018, 21:33 »
PIcked up this beauty this morning.  A whole 10 Miles on the clock. 

Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2944 on: 01 July 2018, 05:15 »
Just reading previous posts.  Missing my USB cable.  I did ask specifically and was told it wasn’t included.  Will be going. Back in for that.

Also, I only got the GTI version of the key on one of them.  Should it be both?

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2945 on: 01 July 2018, 06:53 »
You should get two GTi keys. Check your glovebox or owners manual as the other one may be there. The keys don’t come from the factory with the GTI ends. They should be fitted at PDI but quite often don’t get done. You will need a small Torx driver to fit the cover.  :smiley:

Also...looking good 👍 :cool:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2946 on: 01 July 2018, 11:00 »
Thanks.

Found the second GTI fob in the boot.  Also pointed out the USB bit in the brochure to the salesman who said he’d not noticed since he started in Dec and never been chased for one until now.  Picking one up sometime next week.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #2947 on: 01 July 2018, 11:36 »
Looking good Col. Is that Deep Black? How does it compare with your Match? Comfort/seats?

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2948 on: 01 July 2018, 11:40 »
Yes, deep pearl black.

The seats are more comfortable.  I prefer the support you get in the sports seats.  The ride is harder, which was to be expected.  My match had Singapore alloys on it but these are bigger, and you feel more bumps from the sports suspension.

Going from the match, it could be very easy to get caught speeding as it’s so effortless to accelerate.  Resting a heavy right foot would do it.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2949 on: 07 July 2018, 17:34 »
not done owt to it, but took it through the hardknott pass.. now that's a road to test ya nerve etc on .lol.