Author Topic: Seanls Corrado VR6  (Read 37173 times)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: Seanls Corrado VR6
« Reply #50 on: 18 March 2015, 19:51 »
Minor update.  Went up to Stealth at the beginning of the month with the VR6OC for an RR day.  Enjoyable day out and the Corrado never missed a beat.  I apparently did the wrong thing though by warming the engine up before the power runs.  Its the first time I've ever run on a dyno before, so didn't know that especially with the VR, you get a lot of inlet temp heat soak so the mixture is leaned off.  Running from cold/cool obviously gives you a richer mix in the warm up map so better power is usually made, and where most get their figures from.

Either way, pretty happy with the end results and proves that little bit more that the engine is fit and healthy.
My only performance mods are the exhaust and BMC CDA.

The bit at the beginning where it fluctuates quite a bit is due to a niggling fault with the dyno according to Vince, so nothing to worry about there. 

First run 194.9 bhp, 196 lbft Torque, second run can be seen in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfLTAg62UK8

Only other thing to update is that if I haven't already mentioned it, I bought an Aqua Blue Corrado VR6 just before christmas as a bit of a parts car.  I took next to nothing off of it in the end, as I got all sentimental about it and decided to save it.  I've spent more than I should have on it, but I've got a buyer now and I'll make a small profit.  It failed the MOT on rear compensator last week, but I think the rear calipers are ropey too.  I've just gone and bought a new compensator, and got some mk4 rear calipers and goodridge conversion hoses which I'll be putting on my car, and swapping my compensator and standard rear calipers which are in good nick onto this.  As soon as its MOT'd, its ready to go.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 23 February 2016, 18:14 »
So, time for my annual update!
Got back from being away for the last 9 months, and pulled the car out of the Garage in December.
It was obvious from the first turn of the key that the ISV was goosed - confirmed by VCDS, so a replacement sourced and fitted, and she purrs like a kitten as before!
I need to use the car to commute for the next couple of months, so put it in for an MOT last month.
Prior to MOT I changed the droplinks, ball joints, and track rod ends which I'd had since last January but never got round to fitting.  It ended up failing on rear brake inefficiency, and parking brake inefficiency.  Calipers were obviously at fault, but I suppose its my fault at leaving the handbrake on for 11 months in total as they'd partially siezed.  Swapped the calipers out for the mk4 Golf ones that again I'd had for ages and is a common upgrade, and conversion Goodridge hoses to go with them.  MOT passed, and away I went.
Been using it for commuting the last 2 weeks, and I really wasn't enjoying the driving experience.  I've had a set of Bilstein B12s again since January last year (B8 dampers with Eibach springs), and finally got round to fitting them this weekend gone, along with new top mounts, top caps, bump stop, bolts, etc etc........
Got to say, the love is back!  Its a little higher than before but the ride is so much more comfortable than the Weitec Hicon GT coilies that were on it before.  No more crashing over even a change in road surface and even road noise has reduced considerably. showing my age I know!
I don't have access to the nice warm workshop and 4 post lift I had before now either, and I've given up the garage that the car was stored in whilst I was away, so I'm limited to driveway mechanics which as I'm sure as many of you can relate to, is absolutely no fun at all especially when its freezing cold and pissing with rain!

No pics of the brakes unfortunately, but here are a couple of the suspension.

Off to John Mitchell Racing for geometry in a few weeks, and plans this year are to slowly accumulate parts for the underside and running gear refurb next winter.
Will be at a few shows this year too so say hi if you see me!
Will update as things progress.  :cool:
« Last Edit: 23 February 2016, 18:18 by Seanl »
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #52 on: 23 February 2016, 21:28 »
Nice update  :cool: