Author Topic: Seanls Corrado VR6  (Read 37179 times)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: Seanls Corrado VR6
« Reply #20 on: 18 September 2013, 16:18 »
Liking his, a proper deep cleansing  :cool:

The handbrake cable mod is my personal favourite  :laugh: :laugh: I have all this to come  :sad:

Found a shelf bracket that has been used as an exhaust hanger on mine  :rolleyes: :laugh: :undecided:

There are certainly lots of little "surprises" to be found amongst them mate. Shelf bracket, Nice!!! Don't know whether to applaud the improvisation, or shake my head with disgust!

Forgot to tell you that there is a Raddo sat at the motor club at Sultan.  The owner seems to have poked off and left it there.

Think it's a G, but it may have some bits if you require them.  I'll find out some more and get back to you.

That would be excellent, thank Lewy! I need a couple of bits tbh, doesn't matter what they come off either as they are not early/late specific. Let me know buddy, Cheers!
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2014, 20:06 »
Been a while so at least its a healthy update.
Not sure where to start, and I'll probably miss a fair bit out but here goes.
Sourced a replacement bonnet and wings that were in better condition than the originals and chucked them on around Christmas time. I'd had a couple of oil leaks since getting the car. One was from the oil cooler seal, the other from either the crank seal, or lower timing chain cover. Either way, it was a gearbox off job to sort. My rad then got a bit of battle damage thanks to a stone directly through the opening in the grille, and started pissing coolant all over the place. Having to take the front end off for that, I decided to pull the engine and get the leaks sorted, and replace/upgrade a few things along the way.  Had a fair few bits powdercoated, vibratechnics mounts all round, new rad, various nuts and bolts, x-member bushes etc, expansion tank, clutch slave cylinder, various rad fan parts, injectors ultrasonically cleaned and refirbed, almost every seal and gasket, upper chain guide, and a general good tidy up. 
I also bought a Furniture Clinic restoration kit, and got to work on the interior. If you look back to page 1, you'll see the state it was in originally! Can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I sourced a good used interior locally and used the passenger seat as a donor for the bolsters on my drivers side, then had new leather where there were rips, or cracking that I thought had gone too far. With the completion of work with the resto kit, it looks like new now!

Pics.

I've just won a proper Storm factory painted grille which'll be going on as soon as it arrives, and I'll be getting a very nice bonus from work in the next month or so hopefully, so she'll be treated to a full respray, wheel refurb, and a ton of exterior trim items. Just need to source some roof gutter trims now as they're obsolete and like rocking horse shi ite.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2014, 21:23 »
Sweeeeet!!  :cool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2014, 10:51 »
This is a cracking little 'Rado! :cool:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2014, 22:10 »
Cheers guys. Quite a transformation since I got her! Still a way to go yet though........... :rolleyes:

A few pics I missed out.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 03 June 2014, 21:05 »
Went to Bruntingthorpe last weekend for the Corrado Club of Great Britain National Day.
Didn't get many pics, but here are my favourites. 

Asked the owner of the place if we could have a blast down the runway after the Jets had been going all day, and he said yes! Great way to test out all the work I'd done!  :shocked:

Finished on 143 indicated, and 138 on the satnav before I had to start braking.  :cool:

Bristol Volksfest this weekend, looking forward to it!

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2014, 08:26 »
Booked her in for windows out respray 1st August yesterday.  Can't wait!!!!!!   :cool:

Wheels will be refurbished at the same time too.  I'm stripping all the exterior plastics/rubbers, and removing bumpers and wings.  I priced up the exterior bits I want to replace, and the bits I can actually get hold of are gonna cost me over £500!   :shocked:   Pain in the arse, but most of that is an absolute must due the fact I can almost guarantee they'll be damaged or misshapen on removal.  This car better NEVER let me down considering what I've done! 

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 17 June 2014, 09:46 »
This car better NEVER let me down considering what I've done!

Famous last words of a mad man! :grin:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2014, 21:47 »
My lips are sealed Jamie!

Well, this is how she stood yesterday.

Then today, picked up by the recovery truck and towed here for windows out full body respray including the small amount of rust cut out and sorted.

It's out of my hands now...................... :shocked:

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 02 August 2014, 12:44 »
Look forward to seeing this done (not as much as you are though I guess  :grin:)
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2