Author Topic: Carbon canister delete how to  (Read 45661 times)

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
Re: Carbon canister delete how to
« Reply #20 on: 22 February 2013, 22:00 »
If I buy a new canister will the ticking go away?
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #21 on: 24 February 2013, 13:20 »
nope the ticking is the N80 valve in the canister

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #22 on: 16 June 2013, 15:28 »
Just to add to this, I've just done this and it is slightly different on an AUM.

The pipe that goes from the throttle body and then T's into the carbon canister doesn't run to the bulkhead and along it to the TIP.

Instead it runs to a hardline that runs underneath the FPR, at the other end there is another small hose that joins it to another hardline which runs behind the coolant temp sensor. The other end of that hardline is joined to the TIP via a hose.

jamie16v

« Reply #23 on: 16 June 2013, 17:22 »
Done it! I kept the solenoid attached and tucked it under the expansion bottle. As this still keeps an electrical loop/resistance, will it keep fault codes at bay? Or does it somehow measure the flow or something?
To answer your question, what you did is fine. the resistor is only to make the clicking stop. this is what i have done for now, but i do have a resistor in the glovebox ready for when i can be arsed to do it!

Offline viperjsy

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 04 August 2014, 21:12 »
hi how did you wire the resistor

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 August 2014, 11:01 »
when you take the plug off the carbon canister, chop the connector off there are 2 wires, connect one to either end of the resistor with a choc block or solder them  :wink:
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline viperjsy

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 23 August 2014, 21:21 »
thank you

Offline shaunf1.8t

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 01 November 2014, 22:04 »
hi just wondering would deleting this give any exhaust emissions problems that would fail an MOT? hope that makes sense!