Author Topic: Ex-Random Jord's Vanagon Camper - Now living in Hell  (Read 61100 times)

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
So yeah, had some monies burning a hole in my pocket last week. thought id buy a camper! had a good look round on vzi, club 80-90 an the brickyard couldnt find anything decent in my budget, but then as i was archiving emails i came across one from the seller of this van, i initially emailed him about a month ago about this van on behalf of my mum. in the end she bottled it cos its LHD. so i rememberd it was in good nick an good price so i emailed him asking if by any chance was it still available....got a phone call an lo it was! done a deal an as the owner was on a stag do in oxford, he drove it up on friday for me (saved me a journey to penzance!).

so sort of a bling buy but i mustve spent an hour on the phone to the seller, and also a half hour chat with the mechanic whos looked after it for the last 12 years!

When it arrived i nearly sh!t with joy, its great. Cool colours cool North american market spec, damn groovy.

Only bugger is on my drive around on saturday, drove down to guys.....fine.....me an guy drove over to nicks.....smoke! when we got to horneys it was not greeted with smiles and whoops of joy, more looks of concern and an 'is it on fire?' from nick!

Investigation by those that know concluded it had indeed sprung an oil leak but it was not on fire!

so drove home slooowly and ditched it, took it to a garage today (Sterling Automotive, Newbury very good for aircooled and early watercooled) an just had a call saying they think theyve sorted it, will leave it there tonight to make sure its not leaked overninght. then il go get it.

but you want to see pics dont you?

Spec

1984 B reg Volkswagen Vanagon Camper conversion
2.1 Auto
LHD
Blue/Dark Blue
136,000 miles
Imported from canada in 1989 and has lived in Cornwall ever since
Wider bed
Bigger fridge

These are sellers pics so il do my own when i have it back, cleaned and im home!

Also as a side, i might hire this out at a low rate to peeps on this forum if anyones interested? pm me

« Last Edit: 03 July 2013, 19:02 by Chuff »
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
Re: Camper! Vanagon import....Canada it is from ey?
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2009, 18:13 »
oh it also has a chrome bumper on the back now too!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2009, 18:36 »
tis smooth! i likes it when it isn't smoking and leaking more than a bad woman!  :laugh:

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2009, 19:04 »
Looks like a good mission mobile :) what engine is it? 1.9 petrol? and has it got the funny gruncheon gearbox on it, the most useless gear in the world until it snows!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2009, 19:10 »
Looks like a good mission mobile :) what engine is it? 1.9 petrol? and has it got the funny gruncheon gearbox on it, the most useless gear in the world until it snows!

2.1 unleaded petrol

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2009, 19:16 »
Glad it sound slike you got the leak sorted bud, other than that little issue it's awesome!

nick

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2009, 19:29 »
Awesome car,

but oh my god I think (by reading your other progress threads) that as soon as you touch a vehicle it goes wrong.  :shocked: :laugh:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2009, 19:31 »

2.1 unleaded petrol

Good engines those pretty nippy as well for the size it has to haul around. Keep an eye on the coolant expansion tank though :)

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2009, 20:01 »
Looks ok and very different.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2009, 20:58 »
I like  :cool:

My Aunt & Uncle had a Kombi late 80's/early 90's in that same light blue, it was the best car around because there was so much space to f@ck about in the back  :grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.