Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30141 times)

Offline gossa

• I live here
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #50 on: 06 July 2009, 21:21 »
I did the same. Wanted black, 18s and leather....dealer found one already built..just had the winter pack extra to my spec...but saying that only a 3 weeks wait  :smiley:
:wink: I guess for some people on a car at this price the joy of going through the spec, and building their dream car (and the wait) is all part of the fun.

Offline Mighty_G

• Not said much yet
  • Tornado Red MK6 3 Door, 18 inch rims, AAC, RCD510
« Reply #51 on: 06 July 2009, 21:55 »
I did the same. Wanted black, 18s and leather....dealer found one already built..just had the winter pack extra to my spec...but saying that only a 3 weeks wait  :smiley:
:wink: I guess for some people on a car at this price the joy of going through the spec, and building their dream car (and the wait) is all part of the fun.

New member here, my Red 3-door GTi is being delivered tomorrow !!!  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: First ever ho hatch I've owned (moving on from a Vauxhll vectra 2.0d) !

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 06 July 2009, 22:01 »
Welcome to the club mate  :wink:

Red rules! Post a pic or two.

Offline Mighty_G

• Not said much yet
  • Tornado Red MK6 3 Door, 18 inch rims, AAC, RCD510
« Reply #53 on: 06 July 2009, 22:03 »

will do, once I get the car and work out how to create a new post  :huh:

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 06 July 2009, 22:15 »

will do, once I get the car and work out how to create a new post  :huh:

Mate, if you want anything changing settings wise, get them to do it when you collect.  I had my car set so that one click on the key opened all doors and then they lock after you drive off.  There are other settings that can be changed by the dealer such as seatbelt pings etc.  Good luck and enjoy!

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #55 on: 06 July 2009, 22:17 »
Wow did that car look the bees knees on 5th gear?  mind you the review was pretty rubbish although they agreed with us that this is the best gti!!

I have posted before that I wasn't a lover of the monza shadows but seeing them on the programme I changed my mind and I think they looked super cool.

Rang my dealer today he reckons it is showing up for building in the next 2 weeks and should be here by August, thing is as I've waited this long should I then hold out for 1st September registration??
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #56 on: 06 July 2009, 22:28 »

haha - i forgot about this on 5th gear, thanks guys for the reminder and thanks be to the internet and the five website.

that said, what a cr@p review!

whats even more cr@p is that this is going to get interest up in the GTI so less chance of haggling with the stealers :(
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #57 on: 07 July 2009, 00:28 »
It's available to view here for those that didn't catch it. Here.

Were you guys watching the same review as me?! Some of you guys need to take off the rose-tinted glasses. I heard him use words like average and underwhelming to describe it.

I did learn a lot of things about Dick Turpin that I didn't know though.
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 07 July 2009, 00:44 »
Thanks very much - I can't get C5 here.  Now I remember why I don't care.

That was just rubbish, as a review.  It told the viewer nothing at all about the car.  It said it was either underwhelming or subtle compared to a couple of screaming boy racers, then he drove it from London to York.

Be still my heart.  It can get you from London to York.  Fancy that!

Oh, and he thinks that the roads in France are perfect.  Well, they must have been resurfacing them non-stop since I was there last because that's way not my experience.  What is he actually smoking?

He thinks the DSG is good, but the manual gearshift is better so don't spend your money.

I nearly fell asleep watching it.  It's certainly not going to start a run on the car among people who were wavering or just beginning to think about it.

And if he thinks the DSG isn't worth the money then that settles it, I'm having that.  Clearly, this is Alice-in-Wonderland Humpty-Dumpty land.

Rolfe.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 07 July 2009, 05:24 »
I wonder if the Dick Turpin theme came from VWs pricing strategy for the GTI?

(Highway robbery........)  :evil:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner