Author Topic: Just some cleaning advice, please  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Youngy

• Just got here
Just some cleaning advice, please
« on: 12 September 2011, 10:57 »
Hi guys, Ive done a few searches and everyone seems to offer so many different opinions on polish and wax so im totally confused , ive also mailed Waxamomos website, but unfortunately I did not get any reply, so im asking your opinions on the following,

Ive just bought a few weeks back a mint candy white gti, its go no paint marks or swirls at all... on all my past cars ive used the Meg 3 step pack, cleaner, polish and wax... so is this ok for my car or should I go with something like....

Megs NTX Car Shampoo & wash mit (already have these)
Dodo Juice Lime prime
Megs Deep crystal polish
Dodo Juice Diamond White (whats the difference between this hard wax and a liquid one?) i'll be polishing and waxing by hand..

And do I need a selant, that JetSeal 109 sounds amazing..

The car is in such good condition, I just want to make some effort to keep it looking great

Thanks
Jon

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Just some cleaning advice, please
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2011, 11:18 »
Drop him another email or call him.

The list you have is better than the 3 stage process from Megs. If you are using Lime Prime you can skip the Deep crysal polish.

JetSeal 109 is very good.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Just some cleaning advice, please
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2011, 11:20 »
Hi Jon welcome to the forum, Chris at waxamomo is extremely busy atm hence the delay in replying to your email, he will get back to you when he gets a minute ;)

if you still have the megs stuff then use it up, liquid wax is very quick to apply but generaly isnt that durable unless its collinite 845 where as hard wax/paste waxes are more durable but take a little longer to apply/cure etc. for your gti i would highly recommend dodojuice supernatural.

limeprime is a great paint cleanser and worth having in your arsenal. Need for speed is a great cleanser with added carnauba and worth considering imo.

you dont Need a sealant as a rule but it definatly helps out and pro-longs the protection underneath a wax.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2011, 11:22 by Purple Haze »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!