Author Topic: 1.8 turbo conversion  (Read 14607 times)

Offline danmusic24

• I live here
Re: 1.8 turbo conversion
« Reply #10 on: 14 October 2011, 19:40 »
why do you have to imob the ecu dan? if you do complete swap of loom???

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #11 on: 14 October 2011, 19:50 »
You just do or it won't work, its coded to the immob of the original car is the ECU..

had to have my S3 ECU immobiliser defeated too

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline danmusic24

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 October 2011, 20:22 »
If you have keys chip,ecu and complete engine loom from donor car and swap everything why would that not work?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #13 on: 14 October 2011, 21:31 »
If you have keys chip,ecu and complete engine loom from donor car and swap everything why would that not work?

The immob is built into the clocks on mk4.

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
« Reply #14 on: 14 October 2011, 23:18 »

That is where the tricky part comes in!  I had to help a mate with his immob on his MK2 Turbo conversion.

I have found with easy driving that I can get 25mpg and on a good run 32mpg.....Same as my old 205 1.9 GTI regarding MPG except my VR6 is a lot faster!  Best yet is 147mph (Sat-nav reading) speedo showed just under 160mph (This is on a private bit of road I must add)  I have a few mods like a full s/s exhaust, de-cat, modified airbox, direct feed and breathers.....But that is it, no super charger or turbo just 6 angry cylinders  :grin:

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #15 on: 14 October 2011, 23:26 »
yeah and the vr does have a lovely sound when breathing right.

remember my 850 T-5R after the mods was getting 19 mpg if i drove it sensibly.
i could afford that back then though. acceleration was stunning and with dv36 bailey dump valve and boost high had the loudest dump iv ever heard. scared the fcuk out of people :cry: god i want that car back :sick:
« Last Edit: 14 October 2011, 23:30 by stainesy »

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #16 on: 14 October 2011, 23:32 »

That is where the tricky part comes in!  I had to help a mate with his immob on his MK2 Turbo conversion.

I have found with easy driving that I can get 25mpg and on a good run 32mpg.....Same as my old 205 1.9 GTI regarding MPG except my VR6 is a lot faster!  Best yet is 147mph (Sat-nav reading) speedo showed just under 160mph (This is on a private bit of road I must add)  I have a few mods like a full s/s exhaust, de-cat, modified airbox, direct feed and breathers.....But that is it, no super charger or turbo just 6 angry cylinders  :grin:

Is that all from a vr? My 16v has just been recorded at 151mph at 7100rpm on my sat nav because i got lost on my private run way  :sad: (160+ish speedo went off so dont know) next month its being parked up for supercharger time :D

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #17 on: 14 October 2011, 23:38 »
fastest iv been was in the my yellow t-5r and that was 162 but the roundabout on the private road came at me so had to start breaking. the amazing part was how fast it got up to that speed in.

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #18 on: 14 October 2011, 23:47 »
fastest iv been was in the my yellow t-5r and that was 162 but the roundabout on the private road came at me so had to start breaking. the amazing part was how fast it got up to that speed in.

:laugh: roundabouts are annoying on these private run ways im just glad mines the same size as the m5 or i'd have no chance  :sad: those t5-r's are emmense mate i wanted one once but unfortunately insurance destroyed my plans  :sad: now im happy paying £435 a year for a car that will polish off some new hot hatches  :smiley: its not the fastest by all means its not the best either but i love it for now and to see peoples faces in 20k cars thinking they will win by ease is priceless  :smiley:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 15 October 2011, 00:06 »
Will your cars actually hit 7k in 5th? Mine wont rev more then 5.5 ish @ speed 120. GPS, not sure.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.