Author Topic: Help with Fiscon  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Casabian

• Not said much yet
Help with Fiscon
« on: 01 February 2010, 11:33 »
Hi guys,

Looking for some help regarding the Fiscon installation. I like the idea of this and would like to go ahead with it but I'm hearing mixed reviews regarding it working along side the iPhone. Can any of you peeps confirm wheather it does or doesn't work please??

Secondly, do you have to have the sat nav system to have Fiscon?? I have stocked the RCD 510 colour touchscreen so does it work fully with this unit??

Thirdly, I am based in the Scottish Highlands so where would I be having to go to have the unit fitted?? Obviously the closer to me the better so somewhere in Scotland would be ideal but if not then I'd have a good reason for a road trip :cool: What about the VW dealership or Halfords..... Would they do it???

Any advice would be great guys
3 Door Carbon Gey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS 510 with Dynaudio, Leather and Xenons. Waiting since August 18th....... Took delivery on the 9th of March. Yippee

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
Re: Help with Fiscon
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2010, 12:35 »
01908360819 call them, they are best people to direct your questions to.
It will work will iphone and RCD510
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2010, 18:36 »
Hi, Fiscon works 100% with iphone, completely compatible with RCD510, you can fit it yourself in about half an hour, you just need a VAG dealer with the VAG.COM system to activate the phone (2 minute job that they should charge you nothing/minimally for).

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2010, 20:56 »
I'm with Damian on this, except that the MFSW controls work fine with my iPhone.  Call lists on the iPhone don't transfer over, and the keypad doesn't work within a call. I emailed the UK Fiscon distributor and received this reply: "Just confirmed, both call lists/keypad work well on 3.1.1, had a couple of reports of the new 3.1.2 software being slight patchy, which will hopefully be cured when new software for the parrot chip is released." Most iPhone users are likely to accept an iPhone OS update when offered in iTunes, and are probably running OS 3.1.2, as I am.

Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2010, 06:41 »
I wouldn't say completely compatible - you won't get the dialled/missed/received call list, nor texts on your highline nor can you use DTMF tones, the MFSW or voice. Of course, some of these are Fiscon related as opposed to iPhone. It'll work fine - don't worry !

ha ha... check out who thinks they're superior with their MoBridge bluetooth  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 02 February 2010, 11:08 by p3eps »
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.