Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171366 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #950 on: 05 August 2020, 16:30 »
Ooh, VW are still reeling from the effects of Dieselgate, can you image how their image and share price would look if there was a mass class action against VW from owners of MK8's convicted under similar circumstances ?

Makes we want to keep the buttons of the MK7.5 even more.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #951 on: 05 August 2020, 17:54 »
I see the seat has an extending squab. Wonder if that will continue in the performance Golf or indeed in the UK variant.

It’d be good if UK does get the extending seat squabs. I had them in a Vauxhall 20 years ago and thought they were really good. The gap between the squab and the seat cushion was a bit of a dirt magnet though.

Back to the seats in the YouTube video - although the colour of the upholstery (Storm Grey) does brighten up the interior, it’s not a colour I’d ever pick; it’s hardly practical in a daily driver, especially for anyone with young children. i can imagine the seats will get dirty almost by just looking at them.

Dark coloured interiors for me :smiley:.

I think the squab will be part of the electric/massage seats, did you see the buttons when they were showing the seats?
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline spikeyboy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #952 on: 06 August 2020, 08:52 »
I have some photos to share but I need some help listing? Can anybody help? I have loaded the pictures on Imgur but after there I am a bit lost ?
« Last Edit: 06 August 2020, 09:05 by spikeyboy22 »

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #953 on: 06 August 2020, 09:37 »
I have some photos to share but I need some help listing? Can anybody help? I have loaded the pictures on Imgur but after there I am a bit lost ?

I haven't used imgur but it should have a share button or similar with options, you'll need to copy the code for a hotlink to forums and paste it into your post. I always preview my posts to make sure what I've posted has worked.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #954 on: 06 August 2020, 09:39 »
I'd argue that the type approval the tesla vehicle received to make it legal to register for use implies that the vehicle controls do not constitute a distraction like a mobile phone. 
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline spikeyboy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #955 on: 06 August 2020, 09:51 »
Here are some photos from a Golf Gti drive day held at Wolfsburg Yesterday..

I contacted the poster and the article will be up on the Forbes website tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2020, 10:14 by spikeyboy22 »

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #956 on: 06 August 2020, 10:19 »

https://imgur.com/a/UQZweUY

I contacted the poster and the article will be up on the Forbes website tomorrow.

Sorry I have been trying for hours to embed the pics in the post with no luck

I’d say it looks OK-ish in Pure White, but I prefer the white mk1 and red mk2 in your pictures. :grin:. Maybe that’s me being nostalgic and I would probably change my mind if I drove them though.

I notice both the mk8 GTI’s have got those little black plastic extenders on the wheel arch - you can see the one on the front wheel arch at the 12 - 1 o’clock position. Presumably they’re fitted because both cars have the larger (and wider?) optional 19” alloys.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline spikeyboy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #957 on: 06 August 2020, 10:26 »

https://imgur.com/a/UQZweUY

Sorry I have been trying for hours to embed the pics in the post with no luck

I’d say it looks OK-ish in Pure White, but I prefer the white mk1 and red mk2 in your pictures. :grin:. Maybe that’s me being nostalgic and I would probably change my mind if I drove them though.

I notice both the mk8 GTI’s have got those little black plastic extenders on the wheel arch - you can see the one on the front wheel arch at the 12 - 1 o’clock position. Presumably they’re fitted because both cars have the larger (and wider?) optional 19” alloys.

I have to say this is the second white GTI and I really like it, I also did notice the the plastic extenders and they seem to be on the cars with the 19 inch wheels, I have seen them on R’s in the past. What are they for?

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #958 on: 06 August 2020, 10:32 »

Great photos

Personally, I really like it and the 19" wheel option looks great. If the mk8 is only a small increase in price (I think £500 list price increase has been mentioned) I think its a good follow on from the mk7
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #959 on: 06 August 2020, 10:38 »
Sorry to bring this up again. I am still seeing the “clown face” when looking at the steering wheel picture.  :shocked:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.