Author Topic: R-Tech Best Guys for the Job  (Read 1284 times)

Offline vwnutta1985

• Just got here
  • My Golf 1.8T
R-Tech Best Guys for the Job
« on: 25 May 2009, 17:29 »
Hey guys, had my 2003 AUM Golf GTI remapped on Saturday by R-Tech in Leistershire (sorry if spelling wrong), and what more can i say? Truly Excellent Service and Guys to have in my contact list. 

I made the drive up from Kent (130 miles), due to the stupid prices charged by the garages in the South East for remapping.  I had been quoted £440 for a Generic Remap in Croyden which offered approximately 212bhp for the AUM but no way of testing on a Rolling Road. However this company did offer a 6 hour free trial to see how you liked the remap before committing to buy.  I have to say the map was very good offering smooth power without effecting MPG very much.  I was then quoted £360 for a custom map with rolling road (before and after) by a company in Essex, but they only quoted approximately 200bhp rather than the 212bhp by others.  Both of these sounded a bit expensive for what they were offering, so when i saw R Tech offering AGU remaps for £150, and AUMs for £200 and rolling road for only £40 extra, i thought it was the time to do it.

130miles later when i arrived at their business, i could already see a number of people having work done on a Golf GTI turbo and a very new (and expensive) Audi A6 Avant 2.7 TDI, which reassured me of peoples confidence in the business.  They were very friendly and had no intentiion to make more money off me by selling additional parts which the car would not need. 

The car was VAG Com'd before, displaying a common fault code, where the Throttle body sticks open slight, and this was sorted very quickly by giving it a thorough clean and reset.  The fault code did not appear again afterward.  They rolling roaded the car before mapping showing a bhp of 156.7bhp with only a cold air induction kit and Forge 007p Diverter Valve fitted from standard, and told me my car was a great example for a Golf.

The map was loaded on in a few minutes and the car was rolling roaded again at 211.8 bhp.  Even on the rolling road you could see the car being transformed from a subtle sporty hatch back, to a pure adrenaline junky fun machine.  Nick took the car for a spin around the block to see how the car performed with smooth power delivery, etc and then allowed me to test the car before paying, and what can i say?.....the car was completely different.  It had changed from a car which was just well built and good to drive, to a car which made you feel on top of the world.  Things only got better on the 130 mile drive on the way home, where over taking became effortless and safer where i no longer have to drop down gears to pick up more power.  The acceleration is smooth and constant through all gears, and i have lost very little or none at all MPG.  The remap has given me all this extra power to have fun with, while making the car safer to drive where power is needed.  The power is very easy to control, so that the car can be driven very gently when it needs to be, but also has the power and acceleration to give Suburus a run for there money.

It has probably been the best £240 i have spent on the car and it has made the Golf GTI the car it should have been before VW were told by Audi how restricted to make it.

I look forward to seeing the guys again for future modifications and can only tell you that if your thinking of having it done to a Vag Petrol turbo or Diesel, definitely see R tech for the work you need. You wont find better guys for the money.

Many Thanks R- Tech