Author Topic: Does anyone know any of these mk1s?  (Read 8686 times)

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
Does anyone know any of these mk1s?
« on: 26 August 2012, 18:43 »
would really love to find some of my old cars, below are  small selection of my previous mk1 golfs, i would hope some of these will still be knocking about... any ideas anyone?

excuse the pic! 1.3 Driver A675SKL. DVLA say its taxed until 2013.

1.1c A717DGU - this car is wrote off by slamming it up a kerb and cracking the chassic  :embarrassed: someone from Scotland bought it and had it transported up there. They bought it without interior because i sold the bucket seats seperately. Would love to know if it ever got back on the road as DVLA state it was taxed last year.

1.3 Driver A935AEC - had white paint thrown up the bonnet. Hope its still going, this was a garage find that i spent a lot of money getting back on the road. DVLA state its taxed until 2013.

1.5 RMV620X a car bought as a shell, originally a 1.1 but we put a 1.5 rebuilt engine in it. My sister unfortunately did it some damage driving it down the A1 in 3rd gear and sold it to someone cheap. It needed painting so I dont know if its still blue. DVLA state it is taxed until 2013 and its still registered as a Blue 1.1!

1.8 gti G751AVC not sure what happened to this as I left it with an ex when I went to work abroad for the summer and he had got rid of it when I returned. Im told he may of snapped the front axle so not sure if it was scrapped. was last taxed 2009  :sad:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Does anyone know any of these mk1s?
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2012, 23:47 »

1.1c A717DGU - this car is wrote off by slamming it up a kerb and cracking the chassic  :embarrassed: someone from Scotland bought it and had it transported up there. They bought it without interior because i sold the bucket seats seperately. Would love to know if it ever got back on the road as DVLA state it was taxed last year.

you've certainly had a few mk1's!

my first car was a black 1.1c! :)

good luck with your quest, but I wouldn't hold out hope.. have you check in the mk1OC?

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2012, 15:00 »

you've certainly had a few mk1's!

my first car was a black 1.1c! :)

good luck with your quest, but I wouldn't hold out hope.. have you check in the mk1OC?

this is only half of them! there are a few more that i know must be scrapped by now as they havnt been taxed for 8yrs+  :cry:

no havnt been on mk1 owners coz i was banned from that site a few years back! lol.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2012, 19:15 »
no havnt been on mk1 owners coz i was banned from that site a few years back! lol.

oh dear... why was that?  :huh:

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2012, 10:24 »

cant really remember, think it was some sort of argument about mk1 golfs and i got banned :-( i remember being really hacked off about it though because i wasnt swearing or anything but obviously wasnt with the 'click'!

decided to try and re-register!
« Last Edit: 28 August 2012, 10:28 by vw_golf_nutter »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2012, 10:30 »

cant really remember, think it was some sort of argument about mk1 golfs and i got banned :-( i remember being really hacked off about it though because i wasnt swearing or anything but obviously wasnt with the 'click'!

Nice collection of MK1's you've had.....

Hmmm, you didn't modify your car in a way they saw as unacceptable did you?...  :grin:

I am a member on there but don't really keep on top of the site as I found it's not as chatty or responsive as this site.  Fortunately for me I don't need the support of a dedicated forum and would rather try and help people on here.

Offline chalky white

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2012, 19:35 »
That's a shame, I am on the MK1OC and find it a great place and probably the most un-clicky forum I know.
It's pretty diverse and has changed a lot over the years.

That's just my personal experience, if your experienced and know your stuff, that's great, but support for folks just venturing into the MK1 Scene it's helpful. I come on here and on about 4 other forums to gain and share my knowledge, which is great if you want to know anything about hoods, headliners and pads, all roof related, Ask me anything on the engines, gear boxes, forget it lol.

You wouldn't usually get banned for a discussion over a Golf, so not sure why that happened.

Most strange.

cheers

chalky

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2012, 19:56 »
i must say i have never found it 'clicky' either  :undecided:

and chalky has been most awesome in providing information to me about hoods etc historically  :wink:

Offline chalky white

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2012, 21:43 »
Plenty of modding going on in there and a few caddies too.

No probs Guy..it's all good.   :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2012, 15:35 »
i must say i have never found it 'clicky' either  :undecided:

and chalky has been most awesome in providing information to me about hoods etc historically  :wink:

:rolleyes:

I should go back on there really and update my threads...  :grin:

Problem is I struggle to keep up with more than one forum and this place has been my home for about 8 years now.