Author Topic: Seanl's Raddo KR problem child!  (Read 31908 times)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Seanl's Raddo KR problem child!
« on: 10 December 2011, 18:20 »
On to pastures new, so thought I'd better start a new thread for it.
As mentioned in my Mk3 thread which is now gone but not forgotten, I'll be picking this up on Monday once tax is sorted.
Car in question is as the title suggests, an 1990 Raddo KR 16v in Dark Burgundy Pearl, with 157k and fsh until 128k and owner serviced there after. Its in need of a little cosmetic tlc, although not essential. A couple of small areas of lacquer peel, and a couple of small scuffs and paint fading. Mechanically pretty good, although oil pressure sensor needs replacing. Bay could do with a bit of a tidy up too.
Has a H R short shifter (I think thats what its called  :undecided:), uprated clutch, Vibratech front engine mount, drilled grooved disks and green stuff pads all round 9 months ago, Borbet C's with excellent tread all round, 4 branch heat wrapped manni, uprated light loom, black dash, door cards, pillars, headlining and sunvisors, lowering springs (dont know which ones or how low it is compared to stock, but not overly low so reckon about 40mm which is perfect), a few spares with it like a replacement wing as one of em has cracked paint where a dent was knocked out, 50mm inlet manni, oil pressure sensors that are not yet fitted, gasket set, drive shafts, and a few other things thrown in for good measure. Engine feels nice and strong, with no knocks or smoke. Has an RR printout from 2009 with 134 bhp so not many ponies have bolted in its 22 year life either which is nice. Also had a reconditioned gearbox in 07 as well. Gonna give it a good service as soon as I get it home, and a good wash and wax to really see what the paintwork scrubs up like. Other than that, the only immediate plans are to bung a bonnet bra on (marmite I know, but I think they look quite good on these), some laminex on the lights to tone down the orange a bit, and a steam clean of the bay as well. Belts will need replacing in the Summer, but I'm happy enough to do that now so no major problems there. Here are a couple of pre collection pics from the ad, will post up some more when I've given it a bit of a clean after getting it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and remove the tint on the rear windows!  :grin:

Comments, advice, and suggestions welcome.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 January 2012, 08:59 by Seanl »
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: Seanl's Raddo KR
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2011, 18:22 »
looks very CLEAN for its age.
i love rados and would love to have one but cant afford it
keep it up :cool:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2011, 18:28 »
suggestions welcome.  :smiley:

Give it to me!!!

Very Nice...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2011, 18:29 »
always like raddos after seeing what andy h on here did 2 his   :smiley:

looks  :cool: mate

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2011, 18:36 »

Cost me £550! Time of year is perfect to get one mate, half tidy VR's going for around a grand on fleabay too! You just need to be prepared to travel a bit to see em as there aren't many about any more. I've seen 2 in the last couple of weeks but walked away from one without even looking at paperwork, and was very underwhelmed by a 9a. Best time to get one now imo.  :smiley:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2011, 19:14 »
Looks great man! Looking forward to the updates :)

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2011, 22:15 »
Nice one mate  :cool:

If you take as much care and attention to this like you did your golf I'm sure this will be a cracker!!

Cant believe how much you paid for it, i want one now!!  :grin:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2011, 23:00 »

Cost me £550! Time of year is perfect to get one mate, half tidy VR's going for around a grand on fleabay too! You just need to be prepared to travel a bit to see em as there aren't many about any more. I've seen 2 in the last couple of weeks but walked away from one without even looking at paperwork, and was very underwhelmed by a 9a. Best time to get one now imo.  :smiley:

damn thats cheap sean. last time i looked they was round the 3-4k mark
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 10 December 2011, 23:14 »
Thats for a mint and low milage VR storm tbh. Depends what your after, but its gonna be used daily until May. Couldnt justify spending £500 on a charger rebuild for a G60 either as I'm a tight arse!  :grin: I drove a 9a (2.0 16v) last w.end, and was pretty unimpressed with it performance wise. This seems to be much quicker low down (may have just been a duffer I drove  :undecided:), but this matched my needs to a T tbf as I'm quite impatient at the lights!  :grin:. As said, it needs a few things to be considered 'clean', but nothing major. Parts are a bit more expensive than I'm used to, but as long as I dont bang it up as all the panels are straight, its just a bit of paintwork to make it perfect. No rot either (that I could see) so its solid which is great!  :smiley:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #9 on: 10 December 2011, 23:58 »
l,ooking good