Author Topic: Smeargate and no, nothing to do with politics..  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Smeargate and no, nothing to do with politics..
« Reply #10 on: 12 November 2015, 11:14 »
Another good point, thanks dubber. I'd forgotten about that, I used to but it has fallen by the wayside. I have a valve at the end of my hose that stops the water when an attachment has been removed. Very handy but a faff if you want to use an open hose. I may have to replace it for one that lets the water run.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 12 November 2015, 11:49 »
I may have to replace it for one that lets the water run.

I fold the hose over and pinch it to save getting soaked when changing the tool on the end.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 12 November 2015, 18:40 »
I may have to replace it for one that lets the water run.

I fold the hose over and pinch it to save getting soaked when changing the tool on the end.

Ditto.

Open ended hose final rinse is one of the most important steps for ensuring the minimum of water is left on the car. 

Mind you since getting the Race Glaze water filter I don't have to worry about that, but still follow my old habits and always will.  Some people that use filters don't bother drying at all but I always will.  The thought of door sills, boot etc with water sitting in the traps makes me cringe.

It's an expensive option I know, and as well as the initial outlay, there's an ongoing cost for filter replacement granuals, but the water filter is a brilliant piece of kit and it's such a relief not having to worry about water marks.  Possibly the best £100 I've spent on a piece of detailing kit.  If you are concerned about water marks, something to consider.  Or just make sure you rinse and dry the car properly.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 12 November 2015, 20:58 »
I may appreciate the benefit of the filter now but it's still a gadget too far. But I could be warming to it...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.