Author Topic: HOW TO: Install a Bluetooth Hands Free with Mic.  (Read 127117 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
No but you can't miss them.
Top left and Top right at the back of where the stereo goes. Probably about 2cm in height.
Any car stereos I've ever fitted I've found there is absolutely no room and you really have to struggle to push the stereo back as the ISO loom gets in the way and it becomes a nightmare. But the Golf is like a tardis in there. I've installed the Fiscon at the back of mine and the GPS and the head unit still has tons of room.

I've temporarily put my RCD510 back in but when I swap it with the RNS, I was going to video it and show how it is literally a 5 minute job.  If p3eps doesn't have any pics of the small ledge for the GPS I'll include it in the video.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
No but you can't miss them.
Top left and Top right at the back of where the stereo goes. Probably about 2cm in height.
Any car stereos I've ever fitted I've found there is absolutely no room and you really have to struggle to push the stereo back as the ISO loom gets in the way and it becomes a nightmare. But the Golf is like a tardis in there. I've installed the Fiscon at the back of mine and the GPS and the head unit still has tons of room.

I've temporarily put my RCD510 back in but when I swap it with the RNS, I was going to video it and show how it is literally a 5 minute job.  If p3eps doesn't have any pics of the small ledge for the GPS I'll include it in the video.

That's the spirit! Cheers...

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline p3eps

• I live here

I'll be swapping back to the RNS tomorrow, so I'll take a pic when I'm finishing my how to.
I also fitted my Micro Road Pilot which has a GPS antenna - which I put at the other side.
Its obviously not as good having the antenna's under the dash as it would be having them on the roof - but the hour I drove about with it under the dash I had 7/8 satellites most of the time.

I took out the climate control for putting my Fiscon box in behind as there is heaps of room, and it means you can push in the RNS and pull out the cable at the same time.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Sebby

• Not said much yet
  • Golf VI GT TSI
Great job. Thanks! :grin:
Golf VI GT TSI 1.4 160PS, 18" Vancouver alloys, air conditioning '2Zone', luxury pack, winter pack, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, parking sensors

Offline p3eps

• I live here
UPDATED!!!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
As some of you know, I've changed my Mic location to the top of the A-pillar as the call quality of the standard Fiscon Mic in there was dreadful.
I'll take some more photos and modify the guide to cover fitting there too in the next day or two  :nerd:
Once I get my head round the VagCom coding I'll post simple instructions for that too.

Looking forward to the modified guide for the a-frame  :smiley:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Looking forward to the modified guide for the a-frame  :smiley:

The modified one will be simply starting at the point of tucking the cable in the rubber down the pillar - with a photo or two of how to place the Mic.  I'll leave the other bit there incase anyone decides they want to fit the OEM kit... or maybe my OEM butchered Mic will work great tomorrow - and it will be useful again!!

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: HOW TO: Install a Bluetooth Hands Free with Mic.
« Reply #17 on: 20 April 2010, 20:15 »
p3eps: All I can say is wow! :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #18 on: 20 April 2010, 20:30 »
p3eps, thanks ever so much for doing that. top man.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 April 2010, 20:58 »
Updated - with VagCom instructions
« Last Edit: 06 May 2010, 19:37 by p3eps »