Author Topic: Swap: my Recaro buckets seats for leather!  (Read 3456 times)

Offline dans

• Just got here
Swap: my Recaro buckets seats for leather!
« on: 13 December 2017, 00:05 »
I have a 2017 ED40 Clubsport and find the Recaro seats too narrow for long journeys!! A real shame because they look the nuts and we’re an expensive option!!

so, if anyone’s interested in a swap, I’m on the lookout for full leather....??

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
Re: Swap: my Recaro buckets seats for leather!
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2017, 08:03 »
Will that not affect the value of your car??
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2017, 08:42 »
Whatever you put in, you really must keep the original stuff you take out to maintain the cars providence for the future.

Slightly different I know, but every thing that has been 'upgraded' in my Mk2 GTI has been packed away so that at some point it can be put back to the factory spec that matches the build sticker. One of my upgrades was to replace the rear seat for one that if 60/40 split with head rests, also electric windows which necessitated a different center console to accept the switches.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2017, 09:07 »
Lots of other variables in this swap

3 door or 5 door? Remember the doorcards would need to be swapped out too as they've got matching material on them.
Centre console.
Also, do the recaro's have side airbags? Something else that might be different.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a CS interior in mine lol.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2017, 11:35 »
Agreed, you should really keep any parts you take out.  The interior link I posted above is out of a 3 door CS.

Offline Iwanejko

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2017, 12:10 »
What about these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK7-Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-Edition-40-CLUBSPORT-No-626-FULL-INTERIOR-SEATS/253162698796?hash=item3af1ac382c:g:eDQAAOSwT6JZwRf-

Holy crap - i have just had a look at some of the cars this seller is breaking......makes me sad, those lovely GTI's! (hopefully all the drivers + occupants were/are ok)

this GTI has 9 miles  :shocked:

poor CS  :cry:

Current: MKVII GTI DSG 5Dr (220) - Tornado Red
Gone:    MKVI GT TSI MAN 5Dr (160) -  Shadow Blue
Gone:    MKV  GT TDI MAN 5Dr (140) - Electric? Blue

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2017, 12:31 »
If it was an easy swap, I'd be hugely tempted - but as others have said, I think cars with the buckets had compromises to the centre console and side airbags which I guess would also need to be resolved on my car to fix the buckets.
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2017, 14:45 »
If it was an easy swap, I'd be hugely tempted - but as others have said, I think cars with the buckets had compromises to the centre console and side airbags which I guess would also need to be resolved on my car to fix the buckets.

The bucket seats didn't have a an arm rest or sliding cover on the cup holder but it can be retro fitted.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #9 on: 13 December 2017, 22:12 »

The bucket seats didn't have a an arm rest or sliding cover on the cup holder but it can be retro fitted.

Correct, it's been proven/done in Germany at least from several CS owners that a retro fit of the console in cars with buckets is possible without any clashes. Parts cost around 300eur iirc.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 22:15 by scanesare »