Author Topic: Stock Hatch Championship  (Read 2102 times)

Fred Flintstone

Stock Hatch Championship
« on: 24 May 2005, 04:57 »
As an opening comment from a new member, my son Keith Smith is racing the only MK1 Golf in the Stock Hatch Championship this year.  Our next meeting is Round 6 at Brands Hatch on 19th June.  Anyone is welcome to come and support us as most of the competition is French or Ford.  If you wish to see more details or join our forum also, please use this link:-
www.keith.grone.co.uk :smiley:

In car video footage of the last 3 rounds can also be downloaded from the site.  From a spectator point of view it is without doubt the most exiting championship to watch this year.

Offline Splinter

• GTI forum regular
Re: Stock Hatch Championship
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2005, 10:28 »
Good luck to your son. Great to see a mk1 golf out there amongst all the French and XR2's, and great to see the camera on board on the website.

More people with a bit of spare cash should be doing this, rather than waisting thousands of pounds 'chaving' up Saxo's. They must be mindless! As you say, for spectators its as exciting championship to watch as any, although I haven't seen it this year. I normally get to Donington, Oulton Park, Silverstone and Rockingham (SCSA stockcars) through the year, so will look out for you at some of these tracks.

I have driven at Donny, Silverstone, Snetterton, and used to race around the short ovals, so my main support is for National Hot Rods, F1 Stock cars, Bangers, etc. but I'll keep my eye out in Motoring News for your son!
" Do it today, Don't wait until tomorrow "

Fred Flintstone

Re: Stock Hatch Championship
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2005, 12:58 »
Thanks for the support. Look forward to you visiting the paddock sometime.