Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2766522 times)

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8720 on: 22 July 2018, 07:45 »
You're obsessed with the damn gear change on your GTI!!
Just get a DSG already :laugh:

Guilty as charged Your Honour :laugh:

I bought a manual to enjoy changing gears so a bit of fiddling keeps me out of trouble and may improve the driving experience :smiley:

I was taught to double-declutch on hill climbs and still find myself doing it sometimes.
The youger generation sometimes ask what I had just done, which is easy, telling them why is harder.

:sad:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8721 on: 22 July 2018, 11:40 »
Scrubbed it.

Wash day!

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #8722 on: 22 July 2018, 20:31 »
Looks fantastic... I was a bit worried there was a huge scratch until I realised it was the reflection of a telephone cable - phew!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8723 on: 24 July 2018, 18:03 »
Today the Clubsport was treated to a trip across the Pennines to visit Progressive Parts in Manchester and have VAGSport res delete pipe fitted .......all I can say is I had a much larger grin on mush on the way back...thats saying something if you know what the M62 is like!!  :laugh:.....great bit of kit, more than happy with decision.....thanks to whoever posted on here about having this done recently  :wink: 

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8724 on: 24 July 2018, 18:34 »
I discovered by chance that my keyless car can be unlocked and the engine can be started even though my key is in a faraday bag!!
I put the key in a metal tin and it still opens and starts the car :shocked:
Anyone else had this issue ?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8725 on: 24 July 2018, 19:01 »
I discovered by chance that my keyless car can be unlocked and the engine can be started even though my key is in a faraday bag!!

Interesting: I was concerned after picking up my new ar with KSS, so tested it with faraday bag right up to standing beside the door and no entry possible. Haven't left spare in car have you: a mate at work had and got worried etc until he realised  :laugh:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8726 on: 24 July 2018, 19:15 »

Interesting: I was concerned after picking up my new ar with KSS, so tested it with faraday bag right up to standing beside the door and no entry possible. Haven't left spare in car have you: a mate at work had and got worried etc until he realised  :laugh:
No, the spare is in another faraday bag in my safe.
I've checked these bags since I've had them and they have done their job perfectly until now.
I don't understand how they can just stop being effective.
I'll try a quavers bag later and see if that works :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8727 on: 24 July 2018, 21:03 »

I've checked these bags since I've had them and they have done their job perfectly until now.

Is that just an excuse to eat quavers? :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8728 on: 24 July 2018, 21:27 »

Is that just an excuse to eat quavers? :laugh:
They're Aldi's finest :smiley:
I believe they are called Quivers :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8729 on: 25 July 2018, 07:02 »
Got both my keys in separate bags and still can't open my car standing right next to it. What bags did you buy?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.