Author Topic: which shampoo to buy....  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
which shampoo to buy....
« on: 03 August 2008, 14:36 »
Well im new to the detailing scene and am getting in to, seems like once you buy one thing you dont stop buying, but anyway for my car shampoo/wash im using AG bodywork shampoo and to be honest im pretty sure there is better out there, can anyone recommend a better alternative thats not to hard to get hold of.

also ive stated claying my car and i used the megs clay kit and was thinking of trying different one when i need new clays is sonus ultra fine one anygood.

oh yeah one more thing is poorboys sealant any good not sure which one is best poorboys EX or EX-P.

thanks

Dan

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: which shampoo to buy....
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2008, 14:51 »
Bilt Hambler autowash  - you only need 5ml for a wash and it lasts for ages

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=57&products_id=421

I started with the megs clay kit and now use sonus green... you only need to clay twice a year though... make sure you seal and wax after you do

haven't tried the poorboys sealant.... I've started using other poorboys products and have been impressed with the results... one benefit of poorboys stuff is that you can use them in direct sunlight, not that it would make much of a difference given the sh!tty weather we're having recently!

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2008, 14:57 »
cheers for your help ill prob get poorboys sealent eventually and let you know how i get on.

one more thing was look on elitecarcar and came accross this, is it anyood:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25_30&products_id=64

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2008, 15:02 »
would be interested to know how you get on with the poorboys sealant

the wheel wax is supposed to be good - apparently it smells of coconut

it is, apparently, pretty much of a muchness with the poorboys wheel sealant which I use... that smells of bubblegum

haven't been testing the wheel sealant long though so can't give a comparison

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2008, 17:45 »
Well im new to the detailing scene and am getting in to, seems like once you buy one thing you dont stop buying, but anyway for my car shampoo/wash im using AG bodywork shampoo and to be honest im pretty sure there is better out there, can anyone recommend a better alternative thats not to hard to get hold of.

also ive stated claying my car and i used the megs clay kit and was thinking of trying different one when i need new clays is sonus ultra fine one anygood.

oh yeah one more thing is poorboys sealant any good not sure which one is best poorboys EX or EX-P.

thanks

Dan

Dan had my car detalied recently by one of the best in the country, his after care advice was to use PH neutral shampoo obviuosly there's less chemicals in this type of stuff but this makes the car a bit harder to wash, it doesn't brake down the dirt as fast but also doesn't brake down all those nice products that we all have on our cars.
Just washed my car today for the first time with jonson's baby shampoo and it worked fine.  :wink:

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2008, 17:46 »

it is, apparently, pretty much of a muchness with the poorboys wheel sealant which I use... that smells of bubblegum

what sort of wheel cleaner do you use im using AG at the moment but tempted to try something different.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2008, 19:23 »

what sort of wheel cleaner do you use im using AG at the moment but tempted to try something different.

muc off... tis very kind to your wheels and 'vironment!  :wink:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25_30&products_id=93

without doing a litmus test I can't tell you the pH value of BH auto wash... think it is quite mild though... although probably not as mild as johnsons baby shampoop? won't that strip wax?

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2008, 19:27 »
ahh yess forgot about muc off i used to use that on me mountain bike lol