Author Topic: You're all maniacs (allegedly)!!  (Read 10872 times)

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
Re: You're all maniacs (allegedly)!!
« Reply #20 on: 06 February 2017, 18:12 »
That is silly power n' torque! :grin:

I'm happy with the standard at the mo, as I say, it's light years ahead of my previous stead.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2017, 22:15 by GTDING »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 07 February 2017, 10:38 »
DTUK is the way forward mate.

Don't bother with any others. Easy to fit, easy to remove for the visit to the dealer for warranty work.

Have a look on here, you get a forum discount too.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 07 February 2017, 18:40 »

Don't bother with any others. Easy to fit, easy to remove for the visit to the dealer for warranty work.

I've been told today by VW service dealer the GTD will do nearly 20,000 miles before first oil change and service!! I looked at him like he was full of ####, but looking at the service/oil change info on the Infotainment System, it does indeed say the first service is at 19,000 and the oil at about 18,500. Amazing! Things sure have changed haven't they!?
« Last Edit: 08 February 2017, 22:13 by GTDING »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2017, 10:54 »
VW have two different service routines:

Flexible interval

Set up this way you can theoretically get up to 2 years or 18,000 miles between servicing. I say theoretically as the car monitors driving style (nos of short runs, no of starts etc) and monitors oil quality etc, and will then determine when the service is due, so it might be sooner than you think.

Time and Distance
Set up this way the car is designed to be serviced every 12 months or approx 10,000 miles (whichever comes sooner), and is on a count down basis.

It seems all new cars come from the factory set up as Flexible Interval, but if you are only doing small annual mileages, you can have it changed to Time and Distance which is the recommended interval for mileages of less than around 10-12k per annum.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2017, 19:31 »

Do DTUK come out to you and fit it too, via a mobile service? Tempted abit, I must say. Could a complete amateur remove the equipment?

Also what is a DTUK pedal box?

I've been told today by VW service dealer the GTD will do nearly 20,000 miles before first oil change and service!! I looked at him like he was full of ####, but looking at the service/oil change info on the Infotainment System, it does indeed say the first service is at 19,000 and the oil at about 18,500. Amazing! Things sure have changed haven't they!?

The DTUK Boxes on the GTD an TDI 150 engines is very easy to install and remove there are 2 sensors for the CRDT+ and 3 for the newer CRD3+ im using the CRDT+ and it took no more than 3 min to fit and that was tucking all the cables harness away tidily. I think they do offer a fitting service but best to check but there is almost no need for a fitting service on the GTD.

The box does wonders to the car and i have got to say im going to hate pulling it off and driving the car without it for my upcoming service  :sad:
Golf Mk7 R Lapiz Blue Manual

Gone, Golf MK7 2.0TDI GT Tungsten Silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2017, 21:09 »
Very easy to fit.

The pedal box is like sport mode does to throttle response only it's adjustable to suit what you want,  from a tiny increase to whooooooosh!  You know,  the stars all blur to lines :-)

Also quite easy to fit.  Very good if added to the tuning box.  Serious performance.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2017, 21:58 »
Very easy to fit.

The pedal box is like sport mode does to throttle response only it's adjustable to suit what you want,  from a tiny increase to whooooooosh!  You know,  the stars all blur to lines :-)

Also quite easy to fit.  Very good if added to the tuning box.  Serious performance.

Thanks, so where does the pedal box fit on the car and how do you adjust it?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2017, 22:03 »
Very easy to fit.

Thanks, so where does the pedal box fit on the car and how do you adjust it?

It connects to the throttle pedal and ecu, and is adjusted via a handheld control unit. Have a look in this how to install thread to give you an idea of how it fits etc.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276517.0
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2017, 22:07 »
VW have two different service routines:

Flexible interval

Set up this way you can theoretically get up to 2 years or 18,000 miles between servicing. I say theoretically as the car monitors driving style (nos of short runs, no of starts etc) and monitors oil quality etc, and will then determine when the service is due, so it might be sooner than you think.

Time and Distance
Set up this way the car is designed to be serviced every 12 months or approx 10,000 miles (whichever comes sooner), and is on a count down basis.

It seems all new cars come from the factory set up as Flexible Interval, but if you are only doing small annual mileages, you can have it changed to Time and Distance which is the recommended interval for mileages of less than around 10-12k per annum.

The service guy said its the Flexible service that we would be getting. Though I'm not sure we will be doing 20k a year. I'll have to ask whether we can bring the service forward, if we do a lot less than that.

Though its going to the garage already, as the auto hold will not stop holding! So its b#ggered and the VW master tech now has to sort it out. Worried we got ourselves a lemon. Not saying all GTD's are lemons though.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2017, 22:09 by GTDING »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2017, 22:48 »
GTDING: About 10 years ago, all the car manufacturers were pushing 20k miles servicing as the best thing since sliced bread, my first MK5 was on the regime and on mixed miles, doing about 10k miles per year, I got 15k miles when the first service was due and 17k miles for the second service.

If you are only going to do 10k miles per year, you can ask your dealership to set your car to fixed service intervals.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.