Author Topic: Car seems to be "skipping" under acceleration  (Read 5050 times)

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
Re: Car seems to be "skipping" under acceleration
« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2020, 14:15 »
“Wheel hop can be caused by a variety of things, from the wrong shocks to a better surface than the tire can handle or more power than the tire can handle, but the biggest thing that we really see is bushing deflection within the suspension system,”

I've also never had 'a bit' of axel tramp, it's always very clear that's what's happening. :D

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 29 December 2020, 14:17 »
“Wheel hop can be caused by a variety of things, from the wrong shocks to a better surface than the tire can handle or more power than the tire can handle, but the biggest thing that we really see is bushing deflection within the suspension system,”

I've also never had 'a bit' of wheel hop, it's always very clear that's what's happening. :D

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 29 December 2020, 14:47 »
When this came up I did a search and one site explains it quite well...

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94748

The fourth post I think, I know this is for older racing cars especially rear wheel drive so I'm not sure what differences there are for front wheel drive cars.

I've looked on the last MK7.5 brochure and one of the standard fitting listed for the GTi PP and upwards is an 'Anti-tramp feature', on RWD cars I guess this would be an actual bar to counteract the twisting, not sure how this a applied to FWD cars.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 29 December 2020, 17:52 »
When this came up I did a search and one site explains it quite well...

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94748

The fourth post I think, I know this is for older racing cars especially rear wheel drive so I'm not sure what differences there are for front wheel drive cars.

I've looked on the last MK7.5 brochure and one of the standard fitting listed for the GTi PP and upwards is an 'Anti-tramp feature', on RWD cars I guess this would be an actual bar to counteract the twisting, not sure how this a applied to FWD cars.

Way back at Good Friday 2013, I ordered my MK7 GTD. All performance models had a stated "anti tramp feature". Imagine my disappointment when I finally had my GTD in Sep 2013, shod with Bridgestones - it tramped like a bastard. They must've forgotten to fit or activate the anti-tramp feature on mine.  :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 29 December 2020, 21:14 »
Not had any tramping since I fitted the 034 Insert for the Dogbone five years ago.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2020, 21:35 »
Yes the dog bone is the fix but.. Much nvh?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 30 December 2020, 04:51 »
Ditto, would love to try one but every other review or comment seems to involve people taking them out again, because the nvh has gone through the roof.

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 30 December 2020, 08:20 »
I’ve got the 034 top and bottom mounts on my Dsg. 
The nvh can be annoying at times pulling away at low revs and I hoped it would improve but never did.
But I don’t get any tramping now. It really made a difference with ps4’s.

I wish I could try the different dog leg mounts available to see which reduced nvh the best but would work out a bit expensive 😂
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2020, 10:06 »
I’ve got the 034 top and bottom mounts on my Dsg. 
The nvh can be annoying at times pulling away at low revs and I hoped it would improve but never did.
But I don’t get any tramping now. It really made a difference with ps4’s.

I wish I could try the different dog leg mounts available to see which reduced nvh the best but would work out a bit expensive 😂

I've also got the 034 upper and lower mounts, except mine is a manual. There was an increase in NVH at first, but 12 months down the line I don't notice it any more and wouldn't be without them.  :laugh:

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2020, 15:31 »
When do you notice the NVH increase guys? Is it just pulling off and reversing? Thanks.