Author Topic: Fitting Audi wheels . Do I need different wheel bolts??  (Read 1595 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Fitting Audi wheels . Do I need different wheel bolts??
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2021, 11:56 »
If I was spending money on another set of wheels (I mean buying some to go on the car, not ordering a new VW) I definitely would never choose diamond cut.

After three to four years they always have white worm issues in one way or another. I know you can refurb them, but why bother having diamond cut in the first place - avoid the problem to start with if you have powder coated.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2021, 13:09 »
If that is indeed a diamond cut and not just silver on the second set, I would stay away with how bad the finish can age and get damaged.

They both look like they're diamond cut to me, it's just that the first set aren't painted black.

Spot on, the lack of contrast between the different areas on the first ones threw me off. :whistle:

My A4 has diamond cut alloys with silver painted areas, seems pretty pointless to diamond cut a silver wheel to me.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2021, 16:01 »
I do like the second set better. I was looking for a set of Pretoria’s but I wanted nearly new or new in silver with newish tyres but can’t find a set unless near on 2 grand which is in acceptable to me. Both wheels above are brand new with brand new tyres £1450. I have untill Saturday to make a decision, in the mean time I’ll keep looking for a set of Pretoria’s in silver
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints