Author Topic: Worth the risk? GTI TCR  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: Worth the risk? GTI TCR
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2021, 11:29 »
Moved from an R to TCR and it was a really big decision in not moving to another R, but one that have had zero regrets about.

The R and TCR are actually not comparable, they are both great at what they do, its what you want is the actually question.

If you want a super assured on rails, great off the line experience, its the R

If you want something thats still super assured, but a little lighter and agile in the hand then its the GTI MK 7.5 and if you want to keep the R pace, its the 290 BHP TCR.

That pace was the key decision maker for me, did not want to lose that little bit of extra BHP that was used to having in the R

Will say the P Zero on the TCR really manage the get away traction brilliantly, you really have to do something excessive in the dry to have it scrabble at all and even in the damp and wet, you have to really floor it to create any traction light moments.

To this day have not see another on the road, sure will one day, but as rare as rocking horse poop in the wild and as others say thats kind of nice, and as a run out MK 7.5 with the signature pure grey, with the Akrapovic and the added TCR bits of trim and the 90% tints, to me its really the best the MK 7 series can be, the completion of its evolution, with all the nice 7.5 face lift improvements.

Its also a true reflection of the concept TCR that was shown at Worthersee

Loved my GTD, love the R obviously a ton more, but enjoying this TCR just that little bit more for all the little intangibles that make the TCR bundle.

You cannot go wrong really, the GTI PP, R and TCR are great cars, its down to what you really want thats the question, so hopefully enough of us who run one have given you a good idea of what the TCR is to compare,

Perfect! not having had Golf before but driven a few it's good to read from someone that has had the variety and gone the route I have, makes me feel even better lol.

Def rocking horse poop, I want to see more in the wild but not too many lol
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1